What’s the job?
**This job role requires an Enhanced DBS Check.
As a Junior Digital Marketing Coach, you’ll use your experience, industry knowledge and understanding of our apprenticeship programmes, learner journey and ways of working, to provide outstanding personal and professional guidance to our apprentices.
With robust support and training, you’ll be responsible for providing a first-class learning experience to help develop, encourage and motivate your learners to achieve their full potential both personally and professionally.
You will motivate and influence your own caseload of learners towards the successful and timely achievement of their apprenticeship, by developing their skills, knowledge and behaviours through a range of training days, workshops and quarterly reviews.
Role Responsibilities (include but not limited to):
- To support Level 3 and Level 4 learners to build their portfolio of evidence in preparation for their end point assessment
- Manage a caseload of up to 39 learners through their apprenticeship by developing their skills, knowledge and behaviours through a range of training days, workshops and quarterly reviews
- To facilitate the delivery of technical workshops and personal development microteaches throughout the duration of the apprenticeship
- Assess our apprenticeship programmes and maintain high quality standards at all times, adhering to service and awarding body quality assurance procedures
- Work with your dedicated IQA to maintain high right first time and low rework
- Create and maintain strong relationships with learners, employers and internal stakeholders
- To be able to manage learner progress and development through a variation of 121 and group sessions using our SMART online classroom
- Adhere to regular learner contact to ensure your learners are progressing in line with agreed milestones
- Manage off the job hours to ensure each learner is meeting the apprenticeship standard requirements
- Effectively manage personal training plans to ensure our learners achieve timely
- Attend standardisation meetings as required by quality assurance and share learner progress
- Maintain accurate data management records and documentation, ensuring delivery and paperwork is compliant at all times
- Maintain and update knowledge, skills and occupational competence as required by the awarding body
- Support the growth of our apprenticeship provision
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organisational skills with great attention to detail
- Flexible, adaptable and able to work well under pressure
- Confident in using IT systems and databases including Microsoft Office programs
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build relationships, rapport and understanding of every learner
- Open, honest and transparent communicator
- Be able to confidently challenge learners and provide constructive, developmental feedback
- Thorough and logical approach to problem solving
- Determination to see problems and solutions through to the end
Desirable Skills and Experience:
- Hold relevant teaching qualifications (PGCE, PCET, ATE)
- Previous experience in the Digital Marketing sector
- Previous experience in apprenticeships or teaching
- Degree or Apprenticeship qualified in a relevant discipline (Digital, Education)
- Specific knowledge of Digital Marketing
- Knowledge of the apprenticeship sector and standards
We’re passionate about you, your well-being, your performance, your development, and your overall experience at Baltic. Here are some Baltic benefits that you can look forward to:
- Fantastic progression opportunities – we look to reward internal success!
- Fun environment with exciting social events
- Early finish every Friday
- 25+ days annual leave
- Never work weekends or Bank Holidays
- Full office shutdown between Christmas and New Year’s Day
- Additional Life Event holiday every year
- 2 Additional Well-Being Days off every year
- Discounted gym membership
- Free Mental Health Support through SPILL