Software Development Apprenticeship
Growth Capital Ventures is actively seeking an aspiring Software Developer apprentice who shares their drive and values to join the team in Newton Aycliffe. Your role will involve contributing to both front-end and back-end development for the company. This opportunity could be the exciting next chapter in your journey as a Software Developer – don't […]
Growth Capital Ventures is actively seeking an aspiring Software Developer apprentice who shares their drive and values to join the team in Newton Aycliffe. Your role will involve contributing to both front-end and back-end development for the company. This opportunity could be the exciting next chapter in your journey as a Software Developer – don't let it pass you by!
Within this role, you're not just taking your first steps into the digital industry; you're embarking on an enriching and invaluable journey. You'll enjoy personalised, one-on-one guidance from a seasoned industry professional with two decades of digital expertise.
In this role, you’ll work towards your Level 3 Software Developer Apprenticeship, delivered by our expert training team at Baltic Apprenticeships.
A Typical Day in the Job:
- Supporting with front and back-end development
- Coding using PHP, Java, .NET, CSS, HTML (not limited)
- Involvement with web development
- Dealing with frameworks such as ReactNative and NodeJS
- Helping with the organisation of projects, lifecycle and testing
- Quality assurance, reviews and post launch support
Full training and support will be provided by your workplace mentor and from the Baltic team.
Salary, Hours & Benefits:
- Monday to Friday – flexi hours between 8:00 AM – 6:00 PM, 45-minute lunch break
- £13,500 Per annum
- Excellent progression opportunities
- 24 Days annual leave
- In office then will progress to hybrid role after a few months (2 days in office and 3 days WFH)
- Office shut down between Christmas and New Year
- Team social events outside of work
- Access to extra training outside of your Apprenticeship, for example, if you want to learn more about a particular coding language
Desired Qualities, Skills and Knowledge:
- Mathematical/ logical mindset
- Software enthusiast and hobbyist
- Knowledge of coding languages is welcomed
- Natural problem solver
- Positive can-do attitude and willingness to learn
- Good communication skills
- Grade 4/C in GCSE Maths and English or Level 2 Functional skills
Your Training with Baltic:
This apprenticeship provides the skills, qualification and experience you need to immerse yourself within an exciting, fast-moving industry and become an effective Software Developer.
If this sounds like the role for you, send us an application! Once we receive your CV, one of our team will be in touch to help you with the next stage. The application process includes an informal chat with our recruitment team, followed by a more formal employer interview if shortlisted.
You must have the right to work in the UK, and valid residency status to apply for this apprenticeship.