|Are you passionate about technology and eager to kick-start your career in IT support? Partnership Education is seeking a dedicated and motivated individual to join their team as an IT Support Apprentice. This apprenticeship offers a fantastic opportunity to gain valuable hands-on experience in a dynamic and supportive environment.
Partnership Education is a leading provider of educational solutions, dedicated to transforming the learning experience for students and educators alike. As an IT Support Apprentice, you will have the chance to work alongside their experienced team and contribute to their mission of empowering educational institutions.
In this role, you’ll work towards your IT Support level 3 qualification, delivered by our expert training team at Baltic Apprenticeships.
As an IT Support Apprentice, you will have a wide range of responsibilities, including:
- Responding to helpdesk requests remotely and providing timely technical support.
- Taking help desk calls, logging and tracking calls, and ensuring that all issues are properly recorded and resolved.
- Performing hardware and software repairs in their well-equipped workshop facility.
- Assisting with the installation of hardware and software, ensuring seamless integration and functionality.
- Carrying out network documentation and reporting to maintain accurate records.
- Assisting with sourcing IT equipment and software to support ongoing projects.
- Participating in on-site visits to educational institutions, providing technical assistance and troubleshooting as needed.
Full training and support will be provided by your workplace mentor and from the Baltic team.
Salary and Benefits:
- Competitive salary of £12,500 per annum for the duration of the apprenticeship.
- The role requires you to work 37.5 hours per week from Monday to Friday, 9am-5pm.
- Provided with a mileage allowance of 45p per mile for travel beyond your standard home-to-office commute.
- You will also receive 23 days of holidays to relax and unwind.
- Benefit from pension contributions, private healthcare, employee assistance programme and life assurance.
- There is also a comprehensive training and progression plan in place as an employee with Partnership Education.
Desired Skills and Knowledge:
To succeed in this role, we are looking for candidates with the following skills and knowledge:
- Experience in hardware repair and troubleshooting is desirable
- Good communication skills
- The ability to work as part of a team and be able to use your own initiative
- Proficiency in Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office products.
- While not essential, workplace experience or exposure to hardware and software support would be desirable.
- Strong customer service skills, with the ability to communicate effectively and empathetically with end-users.
Your Training with Baltic:
This apprenticeship provides the skills, qualifications and experience you need to immerse yourself in an exciting, fast-moving industry and become an effective IT Support technician.
If this sounds like the role for you, send us an application! Once we receive your CV, one of our team will be in touch to help you with the next stage. The application process includes an informal chat with our recruitment team, followed by a more formal employer interview if shortlisted.
You must have the right to work in the UK, and valid residency status to apply for this apprenticeship.