IT Support Apprentice
Are you a tech-savvy individual with a passion for problem-solving and a desire to kickstart your career in the dynamic world of IT? Look no further! Asmodee UK, a leading name in the gaming industry, is on the lookout for a talented and motivated IT Support Apprentice to join their team! Asmodee UK have over […]
Are you a tech-savvy individual with a passion for problem-solving and a desire to kickstart your career in the dynamic world of IT? Look no further! Asmodee UK, a leading name in the gaming industry, is on the lookout for a talented and motivated IT Support Apprentice to join their team!
Asmodee UK have over 40 years experience in the games industry, they supply to esteemed independent and national retailers in the UK, as well as hobby and independent stores across Europe. Alongside distribution, they add value through their marketing activity – including their industry-leading demonstration programme. They have experience with helping apprentices kick-start their careers, offering full support to help and guide you throughout your programme!
As an IT Apprentice, you will be an essential part of the team, responsible for providing IT support, assisting with hardware and software issues, logging tickets via the helpdesk, escalating complex queries to the relevant departments and so much more to enhance your skills to reach your true potential!
In this role, you’ll work towards your delivered by our expert training team at Baltic Apprenticeships.
A Typical Day in the Job:
- Providing technical support to internal customers, assisting them with hardware and software problems via phone, email or on-site
- Providing 1st line call logging and technical support and maintaining a high degree of customer service for all support queries
- Taking ownership of user problems and being proactive when dealing with user issues as well as logging all calls in the Service Desk (ticket system) and maintaining full communications and documentation (where applicable)
- Responding to enquiries from clients and helping them resolve any hardware or software problem as well as supporting users in the use of Computer equipment by providing necessary training and advice
- Escalating more complex Service Desk requests to the relevant IT Support member and picking up calls for other team members if they are unavailable
Full training and support will be provided by your workplace mentor and from the Baltic team.
Salary, Hours & Benefits:
- Salary – £20,000
- Monday – Friday 9 AM – 5:30 PM
- 25 Days Annual Leave
- 2 Days Christmas Shutdown
- Long Service Holiday bonus
- Games Nights
Desired Qualities, Skills and Knowledge:
- Communication Skills – Written & Verbal
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Good understanding of computer technologies
- Good analytical fault finding skills and creative approach to problem solving
- Strong customer service skills
- A passion for IT and a desire to pursue a career in this field
- Grade 4/C in Math's & Grade 5/C in English GCSE
Your Training with Baltic:
This apprenticeship provides the skills, qualification and experience you need to immerse yourself within an exciting, fast-moving industry and become an effective IT Support Technician.
If this sounds like the role for you, send us an application! Once we receive your CV, one of our team will be in touch to help you with the next stage. The application process includes an informal chat with our recruitment team, followed by a more formal employer interview if shortlisted.
You must have the right to work in the UK, and valid residency status to apply for this apprenticeship.