IT Support Apprenticeship
Network IT 24 is looking to add another aspiring field IT technician to their team, having already successfully worked alongside several apprentices. Could this be the perfect opportunity for you? At Network IT 24 they believe in the importance of developing teaching and learning through ICT and always keep the school at the heart of […]
Network IT 24 is looking to add another aspiring field IT technician to their team, having already successfully worked alongside several apprentices. Could this be the perfect opportunity for you?
At Network IT 24 they believe in the importance of developing teaching and learning through ICT and always keep the school at the heart of what they do. They continue to grow as schools across the midlands appreciate their honest, personal and value-for-money services that exceed all their expectations.
The role will involve working on-site within 2 schools in the Sandwell B66 area supporting clients with day-to-day first line support. You will be supported day to day by an experienced member of the team who has worked alongside several apprentices.
In this role, you will work towards your Level 3 Information Communication Technician qualification, delivered by our expert training team at Baltic Apprenticeships.
A Typical Day in the Job:
- Travelling on-site to schools to provide IT Support – This will be in the Sandwell area at two schools in the B66 postcode
- Supporting clients on first-line issues
- Answering helpdesk tickets and supporting staff – escalating to 2nd and 3rd line where appropriate.
- Assisting with user management and password reset
- Supporting with setting up networks and configuring hardware
Full training and support will be provided by your workplace mentor and from the Baltic team.
Salary, Houses & Benefits:
- £12,000 to £16,000 per annum (depending on experience)
- Monday to Friday, 9am – 5:30pm
- 20 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Staff incentives/events
- Progression opportunities
Desired Qualities, Skills & Knowledge:
- Grade 4/C in Math's & Grade 5/C in English GCSE
- Would need to be a driver with a car due to site visits
- A passion for IT
- Strong communication both written and verbal
- Hardworking and eager to learn
- Positive can-do attitude with a strong will to succeed
- Previous customer service skills would be an advantage
Your Training with Baltic:
This apprenticeship provides the skills, qualification and experience you need to immerse yourself within an exciting, fast-moving industry and become an effective IT Support Technician.
If this sounds like the role for you, send us an application! Once we receive your CV, one of our team will be in touch to help you with the next stage. The application process includes an informal chat with our recruitment team, followed by a more formal employer interview if shortlisted.
You must have the right to work in the UK, and valid residency status to apply for this apprenticeship.