Software Development Apprenticeship
Are you enthusiastic about technology and eager to dive into the world of web development? Look no further! Growth Capital Ventures is on the hunt for a motivated individual to join them as a Software Development Apprentice. At Growth Capital Ventures, they're at the forefront of innovation in finance and technology. As a leading venture […]
Are you enthusiastic about technology and eager to dive into the world of web development? Look no further! Growth Capital Ventures is on the hunt for a motivated individual to join them as a Software Development Apprentice.
At Growth Capital Ventures, they're at the forefront of innovation in finance and technology. As a leading venture capital firm, they specialise in identifying and nurturing high-growth potential businesses across various sectors. Their dynamic team thrives on creativity, collaboration, and pushing the boundaries of what's possible.
In this role, you’ll work towards your level 3 Software Development qualification, delivered by our expert training team at Baltic Apprenticeships.
A Typical Day in the Job:
· Work alongside experienced developers in both front end and back end web development.
· Dive into coding using a variety of languages including PHP, Java, .NET, CSS, and HTML (among others).
· Utilize frameworks such as React Native and NodeJS to create dynamic and responsive applications.
· Participate in the entire software development lifecycle, from project origination to post-launch support.
· Engage in quality assurance measures, including testing and reviews, to ensure robust and reliable products.
Full training and support will be provided by your workplace mentor and from the Baltic team.
Salary, Hours & Benefits:
· £13,500 per annum
· Working Monday-Friday, 37.5 hours per week
· Flexible working hours between 8am and 6pm
· 45 minute lunch break
· 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
· Progress to a hybrid role after a couple of months (2 days in office and 3 days working from home)
· Office shut down between Christmas and New Year
· Team social events outside of work
Desired Qualities, Skills and Knowledge:
· A genuine passion for software development, demonstrated through personal projects or hobbies.
· Innate problem-solving abilities, coupled with a positive can-do attitude.
· Excellent communication skills and a collaborative mindset.
· Meticulous attention to detail, ensuring the highest level of quality in your work.
· A grade 4/C at GCSE in English and Maths is required for this role
Your Training with Baltic:
This apprenticeship provides the skills, qualification and experience you need to immerse yourself within an exciting, fast-moving industry and become an effective Software Developer.
If this sounds like the role for you, send us an application! Once we receive your CV, one of our team will be in touch to help you with the next stage. The application process includes an informal chat with our recruitment team, followed by a more formal employer interview if shortlisted.
You must have the right to work in the UK, and valid residency status to apply for this apprenticeship.