Software Development Apprenticeship
Are you a budding tech enthusiast with problem-solving skills and a passion for coding? Do you dream of a career in software development with a company that values innovation and fosters growth? Look no further! Techedia, a trailblazing technology firm, is thrilled to announce an opening for a Software Development Apprentice to join their team […]
Are you a budding tech enthusiast with problem-solving skills and a passion for coding? Do you dream of a career in software development with a company that values innovation and fosters growth? Look no further! Techedia, a trailblazing technology firm, is thrilled to announce an opening for a Software Development Apprentice to join their team of experts in Southport.
As a Software Development Apprentice, you will embark on an exciting adventure into the world of software development, where you will have the opportunity to make a tangible impact from day one. Working alongside their experienced team of developers, you will play a crucial role in shaping the future of their internal systems and delivering outstanding client experiences.
At Techedia their support for apprentices is unparalleled, and it is one of the many aspects that sets them apart. Their track record of working with multiple apprentices in the past speaks volumes about their commitment to nurturing talent and providing a conducive learning environment – this is your chance to reach your true potential, what are you waiting for? Apply below!
In this role, you’ll work towards your Level 3 Junior Software Developer Qualification delivered by our expert training team at Baltic Apprenticeships.
A Typical Day in the Job:
- Handle inbound and outbound calls to liase with clients and third parties, fostering a proactive approach to resolving calls
- Use analytical problem solving skills to diagnose issues, implement fixes and deliver resolutions via the Helpdesk
- Respond to requests as necessary based on priority, adhering to Service Level Agreements
- Manage time and workload resourcefully and take pride in the work you complete, understanding its place in business
- Work efficiently across 2 teams, providing support to Techedia's client base with Case Management support queries and contribute to the build of middleware solutions
- Complete internal training course over the duration of 12 months to aide continuous professional development
Full training and support will be provided by your workplace mentor and from the Baltic team.
Salary, Hours & Benefits:
- £12,480 per annum
- Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
- 21 days annual leave plus Bank Holidays!
- Gain additional holidays and sick pay after 2nd year of service
- Regular staff events
- Discount at Mikhail Group attractions and restaurants
- Paid lunch provided once per month
- Annual salary reviews
Desired Qualities, Skills and Knowledge:
- Proficient using Microsoft Office/M365
- An understanding of case management systems
- A dedicated mindset with a vision for a long-term career
- An understanding of object orientated programming, source/version control (GitHub), project management tools and relation databases
- Grade 4/C in English GCSE and Grade 6/C in Maths GCSE
Your Training with Baltic:
This apprenticeship provides the skills, qualification and experience you need to immerse yourself within an exciting, fast-moving industry and become an effective Software Developer.
If this sounds like the role for you, send us an application! Once we receive your CV, one of our team will be in touch to help you with the next stage. The application process includes an informal chat with our recruitment team, followed by a more formal employer interview if shortlisted.
You must have the right to work in the UK, and valid residency status to apply for this apprenticeship.