IT Support Apprenticeship
Are you passionate about technology and eager to kick-start your career in the world of IT support? Look no further! Hero IT Support is on the lookout for a tech-savvy, enthusiastic individual to join their team as an IT Apprentice. At Hero IT Support, they're not just about fixing technical issues; they're about delivering […]
Are you passionate about technology and eager to kick-start your career in the world of IT support? Look no further! Hero IT Support is on the lookout for a tech-savvy, enthusiastic individual to join their team as an IT Apprentice.
At Hero IT Support, they're not just about fixing technical issues; they're about delivering exceptional experiences. They're a dynamic, customer-focused team dedicated to providing top-notch IT solutions to businesses, ensuring they thrive in the digital landscape.
They're in search of a motivated individual who's hungry to learn and grow in the IT world. As their IT Apprentice, you'll work alongside seasoned professionals, gaining hands-on experience and invaluable knowledge in various IT support areas.
In this role, you’ll work towards your Level 3 Information Communication Technician qualification delivered by our expert training team at Baltic Apprenticeships.
A Typical Day in the Job:
- Setting up client accounts and passwords using Windows Group Policy Management for Office 365.
- Effectively communicating via email, telephone, and face-to-face interactions to offer technical advice and guidance on-site.
- Utilising their ticketing system to guide clients through issue resolution and adhere to 8-hour response SLAs.
- Leveraging troubleshooting tools like Advanced IP Scanner, PowerShell Commands for Windows issues, and Sara Tools for Microsoft problems.
- Performing stress tests and diagnostics when receiving or ordering equipment, ensuring everything operates flawlessly before deployment.
- Conducting cable tests and diagnostics to pinpoint issues with sockets or handsets, and testing Firewalls to diagnose LAN or WAN problems.
- Configuring and installing hardware both virtually and physically.
Full training and support will be provided by your workplace mentor and from the Baltic team.
Salary, Hours & Benefits:
- £16,000 per annum
- Option to work on call which is an extra £200 per week!
- Monday – Friday 8:30 am – 5:30 pm
- 1-hour lunch
- 20 days holiday plus 8 bank holidays
- Supportive working environment
- Staff nights out
- Great internal progression opportunities
Desired Qualities, Skills and Knowledge:
- Must be a driver with access to your own vehicle
- Customer Service experience is desired
- Ability to communicate well over the phone and face-to-face
- Can work well within a team and independently
- Passionate about IT and technology
- Experience with building PCs is desired
- A grade 4 in Maths and grade 5 in English at GCSE is required for this role
Your Training with Baltic:
This apprenticeship provides the skills, qualification and experience you need to immerse yourself within an exciting, fast-moving industry and become an effective IT Technician.
If this sounds like the role for you, send us an application! Once we receive your CV, one of our team will be in touch to help you with the next stage. The application process includes an informal chat with our recruitment team, followed by a more formal employer interview if shortlisted.
You must have the right to work in the UK, and valid residency status to apply for this apprenticeship.