Calling all aspiring IT Support Technicians! Swiftcomm based in Peterborough has an exciting opportunity for an IT Support Apprentice to join their team of experts! Swiftcomm is one of the UK’s leading providers of business communications services. They provide IT and communications infrastructures to major, multi-site organisations right down to small businesses across the country whilst simultaneously delivering outstanding customer […]
Calling all aspiring IT Support Technicians! Swiftcomm based in Peterborough has an exciting opportunity for an IT Support Apprentice to join their team of experts!
Swiftcomm is one of the UK’s leading providers of business communications services. They provide IT and communications infrastructures to major, multi-site organisations right down to small businesses across the country whilst simultaneously delivering outstanding customer service. If you’re an IT hobbyist and have a passion for IT you’re in luck… there is no better place to kick-start your career!
You will receive unparalleled support working for Swiftcomm from both your workplace mentor and Baltic Apprenticeships. They have experience with kick-starting apprentices' careers in the past and the experience to guide and support you through your programme!
You will be an essential part of the team, responsible for troubleshooting customer IT issues, configuring and testing new kits as well as providing timely and accurate loggings of customer issues on their company ticketing system. If this sounds like the role for you, apply now to reach your true potential!
In this role, you’ll work towards your Information Communication Technician qualification, delivered by our expert training team at Baltic Apprenticeships.
A Typical Day in the Job:
- Logging customer issues onto the company ticketing system
- Troubleshooting customers' IT or Telecoms issues through diagnostic techniques
- Configuring and testing new kit prior to installing at customer site
- Produce clear descriptions of user problems
Full training and support will be provided by your workplace mentor and from the Baltic team.
Salary, Hours & Benefits:
- Salary – £14,000 – £16,000
- Monday – Friday 9 AM – 5:30 PM
- 20 Days Annual Leave + Bank Holidays
- Summer Event – Such as day out to local festival.
- Christmas Social – Expenses paid for, recent trip was to London.
- Full time role available after completion of the apprenticeship
- Progression opportunities
- Extra paid for courses available
- After 1 years – Health insurance.
- After 2 years – Accuring extra holidays.
Desired Qualities, Skills and Knowledge:
- Hobbyist in IT
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to deliver strong customer service
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic
- Ideally a driver but not essential.
- Grade 4/C in Math's & Grade 5/C in English GCSE
Your Training with Baltic:
This apprenticeship provides the skills, qualifications and experience you need to immerse yourself in an exciting, fast-moving industry and become an effective IT Support Technician.
If this sounds like the role for you, send us an application! Once we receive your CV, one of our team will be in touch to help you with the next stage. The application process includes an informal chat with our recruitment team, followed by a more formal employer interview if shortlisted.
You must have the right to work in the UK, and valid residency status to apply for this apprenticeship.