AAG IT, nestled in the vibrant city of Sheffield, offers an incredible opportunity for anyone with a burning passion to embark on an exciting IT career journey within an esteemed and award-winning company. As you step into the world of IT as an apprentice at AAG IT, you'll discover the perfect environment to cultivate your […]
AAG IT, nestled in the vibrant city of Sheffield, offers an incredible opportunity for anyone with a burning passion to embark on an exciting IT career journey within an esteemed and award-winning company.
As you step into the world of IT as an apprentice at AAG IT, you'll discover the perfect environment to cultivate your skills and knowledge. You're not just becoming part of a team; you're on the path to becoming the IT expert you've always dreamed of. During your apprenticeship, you'll have the privilege of working side by side with a seasoned mentor who excels at nurturing apprentices, ensuring your success and growth in your role and beyond.
AAG IT values individuality and encourages creativity among its team members. They understand the importance of a healthy work-life balance, champion a flexible work environment, and are committed to continuous self-development and improvement. This means you'll be part of a supportive and empathetic organization that's genuinely dedicated to your advancement.
In this role, you’ll work towards your Level 3 Information, Communications, Technician Apprenticeship, delivered by our expert training team at Baltic Apprenticeships.
A Typical Day in the Job:
- A wide range of 1st line support
- Password resets and management
- Diagnosing faults accurately
- Answering the phone to customer issues and reporting them through a ticketing system
Full training and support will be provided by your workplace mentor and from the Baltic team.
Salary, Hours & Benefits:
- £14,000 – £16,000 per annum
- Monday – Friday 9 am – 5 pm
- 25 days plus 8 bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Company social events
- Friendly working environment
- Great internal progression opportunities following the apprenticeship
Desired Qualities, Skills and Knowledge:
- Must have a Full UK Driving license and access to a car
- Good communication and telephone skills
- Knowledge of the Microsoft 365 packages
- Interest or knowledge in Cyber Security
- Can work well within a team and independently
- Passionate to develop skills
- GCSE Grade C/4 in English and Maths or Functional Skills L2 Equivalent
Your Training with Baltic:
This apprenticeship provides the skills, qualification and experience you need to immerse yourself within an exciting, fast-moving industry and become an effective IT Support Technician.
If this sounds like the role for you, send us an application! Once we receive your CV, one of our team will be in touch to help you with the next stage. The application process includes an informal chat with our recruitment team, followed by a more formal employer interview if shortlisted.
You must have the right to work in the UK, and valid residency status to apply for this apprenticeship.