Software Development Apprenticeship
Calling all aspiring Software Developers! An award-winning brand development agency GeoBrand based in Maidstone is on the hunt for a software developer apprentice to join their team; they are seeking a driven, ambitious, motivated designer to help grow their team as a Word-Press website desiginer! GeoBrand is a team of graphic designers and developers. Working […]
Calling all aspiring Software Developers! An award-winning brand development agency GeoBrand based in Maidstone is on the hunt for a software developer apprentice to join their team; they are seeking a driven, ambitious, motivated designer to help grow their team as a Word-Press website desiginer!
GeoBrand is a team of graphic designers and developers. Working across multiple sectors from hospitality to charity. From start-ups to global brands. Their team of creative experts are driven by the desire to produce outstanding, relevant work that makes a difference to their client and their businesses. Their work creates an impact for their clients by engaging audiences, increasing traffic, and sharing meaningful stories.
As a Software Developer Apprentice, you will be an essential part of the team, responsible for using WordPress to build bespoke sites, assisting clients via face to face meetings and emails, plus so much more to enhance your skills to reach your true potential!
In this role, you’ll work towards your Level 3 Software Development qualification, delivered by our expert training team at Baltic Apprenticeships.
A Typical Day in the Job:
- Developing & maintaining bespoke WordPress websites
- Use WordPress as a development platform to build bespoke sites
- Assist in ongoing client requests for software projects
- Maintenance of existing features & plug-ins; editing code within plug-ins
- Involved in maintaining code and fixing bugs
- Working with the creative team to bring designs to life, communicating via Slack, face-to-face and team meetings
- Working within all areas of the lifecycle from planning, testing, developing and maintaining
Full training and support will be provided by your workplace mentor and from the Baltic team.
Salary, Hours & Benefits:
- Salary – £15,000 – £19,000 DEO
- Monday – Friday 9 AM – 5 PM
- Hybrid – 3 Work 2 Home – After Probation
- 28 Days Annual Leave including Bank Holidays
- Birthday off
- Gym Membership
- Regular Team Events
Desired Qualities, Skills and Knowledge:
- Personable and engaging with everyone in the business
- Creative mindset
- Ambitious and willing to learn
- Good communication skills
- Passionate about software development
- Grade 4/C in Math’s and English or Functional Skills Level 2
Your Training with Baltic:
This apprenticeship provides the skills, qualification and experience you need to immerse yourself within an exciting, fast-moving industry and become an effective Software Developer.
If this sounds like the role for you, send us an application! Once we receive your CV, one of our team will be in touch to help you with the next stage. The application process includes an informal chat with our recruitment team, followed by a more formal employer interview if shortlisted.
You must have the right to work in the UK, and valid residency status to apply for this apprenticeship.