IT Support Apprenticeship
Are you a tech-savvy problem solver with a passion for helping others? Do you thrive in a dynamic and collaborative environment? If so, Durrington Multi Academy Trust has an exciting opportunity for an IT Support Apprentice to join their team! Durrington Multi Academy Trust is a small trust based in West Sussex. They are committed […]
Are you a tech-savvy problem solver with a passion for helping others? Do you thrive in a dynamic and collaborative environment? If so, Durrington Multi Academy Trust has an exciting opportunity for an IT Support Apprentice to join their team!
Durrington Multi Academy Trust is a small trust based in West Sussex. They are committed to supporting and freeing up school leaders so they can focus their time on evidence-informed approaches to teacher development, that will enhance pupil learning.
As an IT Support Technician, you will be the frontline hero, providing technical support to the trusts internal teams. Responsible for providing 1st line technical support, managing IT assets, install hardware / software plus so much more to enhance your skills and reach your true potential!
In this role, you’ll work towards your Level 3 Information Communication Technician qualification, delivered by our expert training team at Baltic Apprenticeships.
A Typical Day in the Job:
- Provide proactive and reactive IT support to all stakeholders. Prioritising requests based on volume of impacted users and in line with school’s ICT policy/staff structure.
- Ensure all IT requests are logged via the IT Service Desk. Keeping the end-user informed during the resolution of the reported problem/request.
- To ensure adequate consumables stock. Agreeing purchases via the Director of IT.
- Install and provide maintenance of hardware and educational & administrative software.
- Ensure the ICT support systems are kept up to date including the IT service desk & Asset manager.
- Support the maintenance of the schools telephone system. Liaising with external providers where applicable
Full training and support will be provided by your workplace mentor and from the Baltic team.
Salary, Hours & Benefits:
- Salary – £10,158.72 – £20,048.08 DEO
- Monday – Friday (Shift pattern between 7:00 AM – 5:30 PM)
- 23 Days Annual Leave
- Progression opportunities
- Health insurance scheme
- Free flu jabs
- Support from external agencies
Desired Qualities, Skills and Knowledge:
- Keen interest in IT
- Willingness to learn
- Enthusiastic attitude
- Communication skills
- Ability to resolve issues using own initiative
- Grade 4/C in Math’s & English or Functional Skills Level 2
Your Training with Baltic:
This apprenticeship provides the skills, qualification and experience you need to immerse yourself within an exciting, fast-moving industry and become an effective IT Support Technician.
If this sounds like the role for you, send us an application! Once we receive your CV, one of our team will be in touch to help you with the next stage. The application process includes an informal chat with our recruitment team, followed by a more formal employer interview if shortlisted.
You must have the right to work in the UK, and valid residency status to apply for this apprenticeship.