Are you a tech-savvy individual with a passion for learning and a desire to kickstart your career in IT? David Nieper Academy, located in the picturesque town of Alfreton, Derbyshire, is looking for an enthusiastic IT Apprentice to join their dynamic team and embark on an exciting journey of growth and development. At David Nieper […]
Are you a tech-savvy individual with a passion for learning and a desire to kickstart your career in IT? David Nieper Academy, located in the picturesque town of Alfreton, Derbyshire, is looking for an enthusiastic IT Apprentice to join their dynamic team and embark on an exciting journey of growth and development.
At David Nieper Academy, they are committed to nurturing talent and providing hands-on learning experiences that lead to promising career opportunities. Their Academy prides itself on fostering innovation, creativity, and excellence in education. As a trusted educational institution, they are dedicated to equipping the next generation with the skills and knowledge they need to excel in the ever-evolving world of technology.
As an IT Apprentice, you will have the opportunity to work closely with their experienced IT professionals to gain invaluable skills and knowledge in the field. This apprenticeship is designed to provide you with a solid foundation in IT, giving you the tools you need to succeed in this dynamic industry.
In this role, you’ll work towards your level 3 IT Support qualification, delivered by our expert training team at Baltic Apprenticeships.
A Typical Day in the Job:
- Providing day-to-day IT service support, leveraging your technical expertise to resolve issues
- Staying up to date with industry trends and emerging technologies, recommending improvements and enhancements to their existing IT infrastructure, and actively contributing to our innovative approach
- Installing and decommissioning a range of hardware including laptops, printers, desktops, servers, and network equipment
- Ensuring IT records are kept up to date at all times
Full training and support will be provided by your workplace mentor and from the Baltic team.
Salary, Hours & Benefits:
- £10,582 starting salary
- Salary increase to national minimum wage for age after month 6
- Working Monday – Friday
- 37 hours per week between the hours of 8am-5pm
- 26 days holidays plus bank holidays
- Ongoing training, support and mentoring will be provided
- Free access to Health Assured Employee Assistance Programme
- Free onsite Parking
- Generous discount at the David Nieper Ltd factory shop
Desired Qualities, Skills and Knowledge:
- Willing to learn
- A passion for IT and technology
- Good communicator both written and verbal
- Strong work ethic
- High levels of motivation
- Genuine desire to work with and learn about new technologies in computing
- A grade 4/C at GCSE in English and Maths is required for this role
Your Training with Baltic:
This apprenticeship provides the skills, qualification and experience you need to immerse yourself within an exciting, fast-moving industry and become an effective IT Support Technician.
If this sounds like the role for you, send us an application! Once we receive your CV, one of our team will be in touch to help you with the next stage. The application process includes an informal chat with our recruitment team, followed by a more formal employer interview if shortlisted.
You must have the right to work in the UK, and valid residency status to apply for this apprenticeship.