IT Support Apprenticeship
Are you passionate about technology and looking to kickstart your career in the exciting world of IT? Look no further! AMN Group is searching for a dynamic and motivated IT Apprentice to join their team and embark on a journey of learning and growth. The mission of AMN is to build mobile network base stations […]
Are you passionate about technology and looking to kickstart your career in the exciting world of IT? Look no further! AMN Group is searching for a dynamic and motivated IT Apprentice to join their team and embark on a journey of learning and growth.
The mission of AMN is to build mobile network base stations serving rural communities in sub-Saharan Africa that have no existing service, providing existing licensed mobile network operators. The vision of AMN is a fully connected Africa, with no community of any significant size being without basic telecommunications services to deliver social, economic, educational and other benefits to the population.
As an IT Apprentice, you will be an integral part of the team, responsible for providing IT support to the office, building and deploying new hardware, networking within the office and so much more to enhance your IT skills and reach your true potential!
In this role, you’ll work towards your Level 3 Information Communication Technician qualification, delivered by our expert training team at Baltic Apprenticeships.
A Typical Day in the Job:
- General PC and associated peripherals support to an office of around 25 people
- Providing support for Office 365 applications
- PC application support especially Excel, including shared file systems
- Wireless LAN networking
- Building and deploying new laptops, PCs and servers
Full training and support will be provided by your workplace mentor and from the Baltic team.
Salary, Hours & Benefits:
- Salary – £18,000
- Monday – Friday 9 AM – 5 PM
- 25 Days Annual leave + Bank Holidays
- Company laptop provided
Desired Qualities, Skills and Knowledge:
- A basic interest in and understanding of wired and wireless networks, and computer hardware and software
- Familiarity with MS Office365 applications, especially Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Good communication skills and ability to work with others in an open and friendly way
- Experience of troubleshooting problems and resolving issues, able to work in a logical and methodical manner
- Well organised and able to prioritise activities, able to manage multiple activities at one time
- Grade 4/C in Math’s & English GCSE or Functional Skills Level 2
Your Training with Baltic:
This apprenticeship provides the skills, qualification and experience you need to immerse yourself within an exciting, fast-moving industry and become an effective IT Support Technician.
If this sounds like the role for you, send us an application! Once we receive your CV, one of our team will be in touch to help you with the next stage. The application process includes an informal chat with our recruitment team, followed by a more formal employer interview if shortlisted.
You must have the right to work in the UK, and valid residency status to apply for this apprenticeship.