IT Support Apprentice
“Every day, its our mission to stay on top as the go-to IT services company in Kent. The best of the very best. That’s where you come in.” Are you ready to embark on an exciting journey into the world of IT support? At Business Computer Solutions (BCS), they're offering a unique opportunity for aspiring […]
“Every day, its our mission to stay on top as the go-to IT services company in Kent.
The best of the very best. That’s where you come in.”
Are you ready to embark on an exciting journey into the world of IT support? At Business Computer Solutions (BCS), they're offering a unique opportunity for aspiring IT professionals to kickstart their career with an IT Apprenticeship. After successfully guiding apprentices on their IT programme in the past, they’re now looking to grow their team with 2 new apprentices!
At BCS, their work ethic and environment is caring, focused and fun. They’re employee owned, so it really is their people who make them. It means all staff are empowered and encouraged to share, learn every day, and to grow. This is no dull office environment.
In this role, you’ll work towards your IT Support level 3 qualification, delivered by our expert training team at Baltic Apprenticeships.
A Typical Day in the Job:
- Provide technical guides to customers using the phone, responding to internal emails and using the ticketing system connectwise
- Troubleshooting issues using connectwise automate
- Setting up end users for clients and assisting with password resets
- Using Powershell scripts to automate processes
- Configuring and installing Windows for internal team
- Using Cisco platforms to configure networks
- Installing and configuring hardware such as CPU, RAM and SSD as well as printers, firewalls, and Wi-Fi routers
Full training and support will be provided by your workplace mentor and from the Baltic team.
Salary, Hours & Benefits:
- £13,000 per annum
- Working Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm
- 20 days holidays plus bank holidays
- Upon completion of the apprenticeship, you will receive a quarterly bonus
- Up to 5 extra days off are available every year, for BCS employees to volunteer their time to chosen community service projects
- BCS is 100% employee-owned organisation, and you’ll be part of it as soon as you pass your probation period
- Never miss a school show with their flexible arrangements for family-related commitments
- Once a month, enjoy lunch paid for by the company
- Free fresh fruit daily
- Onsite gym
- Onsite parking
- Quarterly socials
- Quarterly perks, such as social events and allocating awards to peers
Desired Qualities, Skills and Knowledge:
- Customer service experience is desired
- Effective communication both on the phone and written
- Adaptive individual
- Ability to work as part of a team and as an individual
- Desire to learn
- A grade 4/C at GCSE in English and Maths is required for this role
Your Training with Baltic:
This apprenticeship provides the skills, qualification and experience you need to immerse yourself within an exciting, fast-moving industry and become an effective IT Support Technician.
If this sounds like the role for you, send us an application! Once we receive your CV, one of our team will be in touch to help you with the next stage. The application process includes an informal chat with our recruitment team, followed by a more formal employer interview if shortlisted.
You must have the right to work in the UK, and valid residency status to apply for this apprenticeship.