Are you an IT enthusiast looking to take your first steps as an apprentice in the industry? This could be just the role for you! Baltic Apprenticeships and Ripon Grammar School are delighted to be recruiting for an IT Support Apprentice! Classed as the “Top State School in the North” by The Sunday Times, and […]
Are you an IT enthusiast looking to take your first steps as an apprentice in the industry? This could be just the role for you!
Baltic Apprenticeships and Ripon Grammar School are delighted to be recruiting for an IT Support Apprentice! Classed as the “Top State School in the North” by The Sunday Times, and one of the UK’s leading grammar schools, Ripon Grammar School is offers both day and boarding education for their students, pride themselves on being not only a place of learning, but a community! Based in Ripon, the ideal candidate is someone who has the confidence to work with both staff and students alike.
In this role, you’ll work towards your level 3 IT Support qualification,delivered by our expert training team at Baltic Apprenticeships.
A Typical Day in the Job:
- Unpack, configure and rollout new ICT equipment (software and hardware) as directed by Systems Manager.
- Diagnose and resolve day-to-day problems relating to computer equipment and software in a timely manner via the school’s helpdesk system.
- Provide friendly and efficient first line support for networking and application issues.
- Deliver hardware and resources to work areas and classrooms as required.
- Install, configure and support audio-visual equipment and requests.
- Assess physical security requirements to protect against loss of data and equipment.
- Work to and give guidance to others on the use of ICT and the ICT acceptable use policy.
Full training and support will be provided by your workplace mentor and from the Baltic team.
Salary, Hours & Benefits:
- £22,737 per annum
- Monday to Friday 8.30am-4pm
- Being paid a competitive salary whilst working towards a professional IT qualification
- Benefitting from 23 days annual leave per year (plus bank holidays)
- Access to a contributory local government pension scheme and other additional staff benefits
Desired Qualities, Skills and Knowledge:
- Knowledge of AV Systems
- Experience with Windows 10 Computers and associated hardware
- A passion for technology
- An understanding of the importance of good relationships with all stakeholders at the school.
- The ability to work under direction and independently and to use initiative but within the ethos of the school.
- To embrace change positively and work to further improve practices and systems.
- Reliable, honest and trustworthy.
- To be committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and follow the safeguarding
- A grade 4/C at GCSE in English and Maths is required for this role
Your Training with Baltic:
This apprenticeship provides the skills, qualification and experience you need to immerse yourself within an exciting, fast-moving industry and become an effective IT Support Technician.
If this sounds like the role for you, send us an application! Once we receive your CV, one of our team will be in touch to help you with the next stage. The application process includes an informal chat with our recruitment team, followed by a more formal employer interview if shortlisted.
You must have the right to work in the UK, and valid residency status to apply for this apprenticeship