IT Support Apprenticeship
Are you ready to kickstart your career in the dynamic world of Information Technology? Plasmor LTD, a renowned industry leader in construction, invites you to embark on an incredible apprenticeship opportunity in IT Support. At Plasmor, they take pride in their rich heritage and commitment to excellence. Their innovative approach to construction is matched only […]
Are you ready to kickstart your career in the dynamic world of Information Technology? Plasmor LTD, a renowned industry leader in construction, invites you to embark on an incredible apprenticeship opportunity in IT Support.
At Plasmor, they take pride in their rich heritage and commitment to excellence. Their innovative approach to construction is matched only by their dedication to fostering talent.
With over 40 years of experience, Plasmor LTD has solidified its position as a leader in the industry, and they are excited to welcome an IT Support Apprentice to their team. As an IT Support Apprentice, your journey with Plasmor LTD will be packed with learning experiences and hands-on opportunities.
In this role, you’ll work towards your level 3 IT Support qualification, delivered by our expert training team at Baltic Apprenticeships.
A Typical Day in the Job:
- Work with the IT Manager on ongoing projects
- Assist in maintaining the hardware infrastructure: Support the maintenance and monitoring of the hardware infrastructure, including telephony systems and printers. Troubleshoot hardware issues, perform repairs when needed, and assist with upgrades and installations.
- Provide day-to-day IT support: Assist employees with their IT-related queries and issues. Provide troubleshooting, support, and repair services to resolve IT equipment or network malfunctions promptly. Ensure high levels of customer service and user satisfaction.
- Maintain records of hardware and software: Keep accurate and up-to-date records of hardware and software inventory, including asset tracking, license management, and warranty information.
- Assist with information security: Support the IT team in maintaining information security protocols by assisting with controlled hardware or software installations.
- Documentation and reporting: Maintain accurate documentation, including project progress reports, hardware and software inventory, troubleshooting steps, and resolutions.
Full training and support will be provided by your workplace mentor and from the Baltic team.
Salary, Hours & Benefits:
- £15,000-£16,000 per annum
- Working Monday-Friday, 8:30am-5pm
- 20 days holidays plus bank holidays
- Unlock the opportunity for career progression to full-time employment, a Level 4 apprenticeship and beyond…
- Trips to other sites
- Equipment provided
- Pension scheme
Desired Qualities, Skills and Knowledge:
- A passion for IT and a desire for a long term career
- Passion for technology: Demonstrated interest in IT through personal projects, coursework, or relevant certifications.
- Ability to use Word, Excel, and Outlook efficiently
- Strong problem-solving skills: Ability to analyse and troubleshoot technical issues with a logical and systematic approach.
- Effective communication: Excellent verbal and written communication skills to interact with team members, clients, and end-users.
- Team player: Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively in a team environment, contributing ideas and supporting team goals.
- Grade 4/C in GCSE Maths and English or Level 2 Functional Skills
Your Training with Baltic:
This apprenticeship provides the skills, qualification and experience you need to immerse yourself within an exciting, fast-moving industry and become an effective IT Support Technician.
If this sounds like the role for you, send us an application! Once we receive your CV, one of our team will be in touch to help you with the next stage. The application process includes an informal chat with our recruitment team, followed by a more formal employer interview if shortlisted.
You must have the right to work in the UK, and valid residency status to apply for this apprenticeship.