What’s the Job?
Baltic are a national apprenticeship training provider focused solely on tech and digital skills. We exist to address emerging digital skills needs and launch long term careers through high quality apprenticeship training. We’re looking for a Digital Learning Designer to lead our curriculum improvements through the use of innovation to drive our apprenticeship programmes into the future.
General Job Description:
Are you creative? Are you aspiring for a fulfilling career in education? Is your passion dedicated to assisting young individuals kickstart their professional journey? Can you create engaging learner experiences?
As a leading provider of apprenticeships within the IT, Tech and Digital sector we are here to make a difference to every learner and inspire them to succeed . It’s why we exist, it drives everything we do. As we continue our journey towards excellence, we are looking to expand our Curriculum Development Team.
We are seeking an individual who will be excited about developing our curriculum and who wants to create the best content and learning environment possible for our apprentices. You won’t be navigating this journey alone; our Curriculum Leads, Programme Specialists and Apprenticeship Coaches will be on hand to help you develop your understanding and knowledge of our apprenticeship programmes, our SMART classroom and the overall learner journey.
Responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
- Instructional Design
- Analyse learning objectives and apprenticeship standards.
- Understand the target audience for curriculum and how this might differ routeway to routeway.
- Employ instructional techniques, educational theories, and proven methodologies to arrange, structure, and convey content in a manner that is centred around the learner.
- Multimedia Development
- Use various tools and software to craft outstanding, engaging and visually attractive content, incorporating graphics, animations, videos, simulations, and interactive assessments.
- Content Authoring and Storyboarding
- Develop storyboards or prototypes to depict the progression and organisation of e-learning modules, guaranteeing a logical sequence and clear communication of key concepts.
- Work closely with subject matter experts to collect content and convert it into compelling and interactive learning materials.
- Technology Integration
- Harness the capabilities of learning management systems, authoring tools, and various software to craft and deliver e-learning content.
- Stay ahead of the latest technological advancements in the e-learning industry to seamlessly integrate cutting-edge features and functionalities into the developed learning experiences.
- Undertake regular CPD in line with the role.
- User Experience Design
- Prioritise the user experience when considering the development of intuitive and user-friendly e-learning interfaces.
- Design navigation systems, user interfaces, and interactive elements to guarantee smooth and captivating learner interactions.
- Perform user testing and collecting feedback consistently to enhance the user experience and increase learner engagement.
- Collaboration and Project Management
- Work in close collaboration with subject matter experts, instructional designers, multimedia specialists, stakeholders and become a ‘go-to’.
- Oversee multiple projects, timelines, and resources to guarantee the prompt delivery of digital learning materials of exceptional quality.
- Lead research tasks to ensure we are staying ahead of our competitors.
- Conduct curriculum audits and complete required documentation/version control/training to the team
- Recognise improvement areas that will make the coaching team more efficient whilst maintaining a high standard of delivery.
Essential Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Ability to create high quality materials
- Open, honest and transparent communicator
- Organised and punctual with the ability to prioritise
- Understands our delivery model and programmes
- Understands and shares in our vision, mission and core purpose
- Excellent proof reading skills and attention to detail
- Ability to meet deadlines and manage workload efficiently
- Previous experience in a creative field
- Ability to adapt and prioritise
- Self starter
- Creative marketing/graphic design skills
Desirable Skills and Experience:
- Knowledge of IT & Digital apprenticeships
- Understanding of the foundations of online learning
- Excellent image and video editing skills
- Experience of Adobe Suite
- Experience of Adobe Captivate, Articulate 360 or similar
- Experience of SCORM setup and/or LMS systems
We’re passionate about you, your well-being, your performance, your development, and your overall experience at Baltic. Here are some Baltic benefits that you can look forward to:
- Fantastic progression opportunities – we look to reward internal success!
- Fun environment with exciting social events
- Early finish every Friday
- 25+ days annual leave
- Never work weekends or Bank Holidays
- Full office shutdown between Christmas and New Year’s Day
- Additional Life Event holiday every year
- Additional Well-Being Days off every year
- Discounted gym membership
- Free access to Mental Health support through SPILL