This unit is delivered over 4 days through the SMART Classroom, followed by a 1 day exam at a local test centre.
This course is a gentle introduction to cyber security and is the core element of the apprenticeship. It covers the foundation knowledge that is essential for most cyber security roles.
- Why cyber security matters
- Basic security theory
- Security Assurance
- Applying basic security concepts to develop security requirements
- Security concepts applied to ICT cyber infrastructure
- Cyber defence
- Legal, regulatory, information security and ethical standards relevant to cyber security
- Keeping up with the threat landscape
- Future trends