Job Title: Technical Trainer - Software Development
Line Manager: Technical Training Manager
Location: Home Based
DBS Check Required: Yes
Salary: Up to £20,000-£35,000 per annum (depending on experience)
General Job Description
Do you have software development experience? Are you looking to get into teaching? Do you have previous Technical Training experience? Are you able to motivate and guide learners through their digital apprenticeship programme?
As a leading provider of apprenticeships within the IT, Tech and Digital sector we are here to make a difference to every learner and inspire them to succeed. It’s why we exist, it drives everything we do. We have ambitious growth plans that include the continued innovation of our product, customer experience and increasing our capacity to create even more life changing opportunities; shaping the Tech & Digital talent of the future. If our mission and this opportunity resonates with you, we want to hear from you!
What’s the job?
Working for a supportive employer as part of a team of expert trainers you will be delivering technical training courses where the world lives most; online! As a training provider who genuinely care about the success of our apprentices you will deliver high quality training across our Software Development Apprenticeship and Pre-Apprenticeship programmes; inclusive of level 2, 3 & 4 encompassing knowledge, understanding and supporting in workplace competence. In doing so you will be supporting our apprentices to BE THE FUTURE!
As a learning organisation, we are committed to the continuous development and progression of our employees and seek to create an environment where learning is constant. As such, you will be required to provide guidance to other members of the team in the capacity of sharing knowledge and best practice, so as to support the team to continue to meet the needs of our business. In return, you will benefit from learning from those in the team, sharing in their knowledge and experience along with support of your Line Manager in identifying and arranging training opportunities for your continuous professional development.
If you are an ambitious, engaging individual with a passion for training and ability to teach and motivate leaners, then maybe this is the role for you?
Role Responsibilities (include but not limited to):
- To provide professional and high quality training as part of our apprenticeship programmes via our SMART Classrooms
- Invigilate vendor and awarding body exams whilst adhering to exam body and local policies and procedures
- Responsible for the delivery of the programme to the agreed schedule and standards
- Coach and mentor the learners to enable them to achieve their full potential
- To manage all uploaded leaner work within the agreed timeframes and ensure learner file naming conventions and storage processes are followed
- To maintain accurate documentation
- To undertake all aspects of the post in accordance with the companies Equal Opportunities policy
- To comply with GDPR in relation to collection, use, storage and disposal of personal or sensitive data
- To maintain and update own knowledge, skills and occupational competence as required by the awarding body
- To support the promotion and growth of apprenticeships throughout the programmes
- Achieve consistently “Good” or “Outstanding” observation grades
- Deliver to class sizes of up to 12 delegates
And in addition:
- To comply with Baltic Training Services’ policies and procedures.
- To do all that is reasonably practicable to maintain a safe and healthy work environment, taking in to account appropriate risk assessments and ensuring compliance with BTS and statutory requirements.
- To undertake any such duties which may reasonably be regarded as within the nature of the duties and responsibilities/grade of the post as defined, subject to the proviso that any changes of a permanent nature shall be incorporated into the job description in specific terms, following consultation with the recognised trade unions.
- Extensive travel maybe involved in the role.
Subject to the duration of the need, the special conditions given below apply:
- The nature of the work may involve the post holder carrying out work outside of normal working hours.
- The post holder may be required to attend, from time to time, training courses, conferences, seminars or other meetings as required by his/her own training needs and the needs of the service.
- Expenses will be paid in accordance with BTS Conditions of Service.
- This post is subject to a check being carried out by the DBS at enhanced level.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Technical knowledge and understanding in Software Development
- Relevant experience of delivering technical training in Software Development
- Hold a relevant teaching qualification
- A passion for training/coaching
- Excellent verbal communication skills, with an ability to communicate clearly and explain technical concepts in an easy to understand manner
- Strong interpersonal skills – with the ability to build relationships, rapport and a strong understanding with each learner
- An ability to encourage and motivate others with a proven track record of exam success rates for learners
- Open, honest and transparent communicator
Desirable Skills and Experience:
- Hold vendor exams in the relevant discipline
- Understanding of apprenticeships
- An ability to create engaging learning materials suitable for SMART (remote) classroom delivery
- Good understanding of our company values and people behaviours
- Understands and shares in our vision, mission and core purpose
If you are as excited as we are about this opportunity, then click apply. We can’t wait to see your application and to get you started on your Baltic Journey!