Job Title: Technical Trainer - IT
Line Manager: Technical Training Manager
Location: Home Based
DBS Check Required: Yes
Salary: Up to £25,000 per annum (depending on experience)
Who We Are
As a leading provider of apprenticeships within the IT, Tech and Digital sector we are here to make a difference to every learner and inspire them to succeed. It’s why we exist, it drives everything we do.
We have ambitious growth plans that include the continued innovation of our product, customer experience and increasing our capacity to create even more life changing opportunities; shaping the Tech & Digital talent of the future. To support us in achieving these aims and delivering our mission, we have a new opportunity for an experienced IT apprenticeship trainer to join our team.
If our mission and this opportunity resonates with you, we want to hear from you!
What’s the job?
Do you have IT industry experience? Do you have previous technical training experience, specifically within the apprenticeship sector?
As an IT Technical Trainer, you will be responsible for delivering outstanding teaching & learning to cohorts of learners across our L3 and L4 IT apprenticeship programmes; enabling their development and acquisition of key knowledge, skills and competencies required of their apprenticeship standard. You will also support with invigilation of associated vendor and awarding body exams, consistent with internal and external procedures. Applying your knowledge and expertise doesn’t stop there, as you will also play a key role in the continued development and innovation of our curriculum and service offering.
Above all, you will play a leading role in facilitating life changing outcomes for young people through the power of apprenticeships. Are you ready to be a change maker?
Role Responsibilities (include but not limited to):
- To provide professional and high quality training as part of our apprenticeship programmes via our SMART Classrooms
- Invigilate vendor and awarding body exams whilst adhering to exam body and local policies and procedures
- Responsible for the delivery of the programme to the agreed schedule and standards
- Coach and mentor the learners to enable them to achieve their full potential
- To manage all uploaded leaner work within the agreed timeframes and ensure learner file naming conventions and storage processes are followed
- To maintain accurate documentation
- To undertake all aspects of the post in accordance with the companies Equal Opportunities policy
- To comply with GDPR in relation to collection, use, storage and disposal of personal or sensitive data
- To maintain and update own knowledge, skills and occupational competence as required by the awarding body
- To support the promotion and growth of apprenticeships throughout the programmes
- Achieve consistently “Good” or “Outstanding” observation grades
- Deliver to class sizes of up to 12 delegates
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Technical knowledge and understanding in IT
- Hold or be willing to achieve a relevant teaching qualification
- A passion for training/coaching
- Excellent verbal communication skills, with an ability to communicate clearly and explain technical concepts in an easy to understand manner
- Strong interpersonal skills – with the ability to build relationships, rapport and a strong understanding with each learner
- An ability to encourage and motivate others with a proven track record of exam success rates for learners
- Open, honest and transparent communicator
Desirable Skills and Experience:
- Hold vendor exams in the relevant discipline
- Understanding of apprenticeships
- An ability to create engaging learning materials suitable for SMART (remote) classroom delivery
- Good understanding of our company values and people behaviours
- Understands and shares in our vision, mission and core purpose
How To Apply
If this sounds like the perfect role for you, and you are ready to join our #ChangingFutures mission, complete and submit your application today using the buttons below.
As part of our commitment to creating an equal, diverse and inclusive workplace, we positively encourage applications from all; particularly those from underrepresented communities or minority groups.
This post qualifies for visa sponsorship and we welcome applications from those requiring such support.