Job Title: Quality Co-ordinator
Salary: £22,000 - £25,000 per annum (depending upon experience)
Line Manager: Debbie Park
DBS required: Yes
Who We Are
As a leading provider of apprenticeships within the IT, Tech and Digital sector we are here to make a difference to every learner and inspire them to succeed. It’s why we exist; it drives everything we do.
We have ambitious growth plans that include the continued innovation of our product, customer experience and increasing our capacity to create even more life changing opportunities, shaping the Tech & Digital talent of the future. To support us in achieving these aims and delivering our mission, we have a new opportunity for a Quality Co-ordinator to join our team.
If our mission and this opportunity resonates with you, we want to hear from you!
What’s the job?
We are looking for two individuals to co-ordinate a range of support and advice services to our growing learner community. The activities provided will develop and motivate our learners to improve retention, success and career progression opportunities.
Responsibilities (include but not limited to)
Co-ordinate a range of care, support and development activities for our learners in areas including:
- Expectations of behaviour
- Positive attitudes and motivation
- Dealing with bullying, harassment and discrimination
- Ensuring a positive and respectful culture
- Citizenship and British Values
- Prevent and radicalisation
- Equality of opportunity and inclusivity
- Development of character and confidence
- Promotion of health and wellbeing
- Careers advice and readiness for next steps
- Financial advice and budgeting
Essential knowledge, skills and experience
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong planning and co-ordination skills
- Good interpersonal and teamworking skills
- Passion to support learners in achieving their goals
- Proficient in the use of IT systems, including Microsoft Office programs.
Desirable knowledge, skills and experience
- Experience within a training or learning environment
- Knowledge of apprenticeship standards
- Knowledge of British Values
- Knowledge and experience of barriers to learning and how these can be overcome
- Experience of learning support provision
- Knowledge of current health and wellbeing issues
- Experience of Information, Advice and Guidance provision within training
- Knowledge of current Safeguarding and Prevent policy.
Key performance indicators
- To set up and/or develop systems and processes to provide support to learners in a range of areas
- Retention targets will be agreed based upon the expected impact of the support systems.
- FE sector courses will be available in all areas of support; successful candidates will be able to undertake courses according to their existing knowledge and experience, developing new and further knowledge on an ongoing basis.
How to apply:
If this sounds like the perfect role for you, and you are ready to join our #ChangingFutures mission, submit your CV and Covering Letter using the 'Apply Now' button below.