Job Title: Project Coordinator
Department: Assessment - Project Team
Line Manager: Head of Assessment
Location: HO Newton Aycliffe
Salary: Up to £21,000.00
Who We Are
As a leading provider of apprenticeships within the IT, Tech, and Digital sector we are here to make a difference to every learner and inspire them to succeed. It’s why we exist, it drives everything we do. We have ambitious growth plans that include the continued innovation of our product, customer experience and increasing our capacity to create even more life changing opportunities; shaping the Tech & Digital talent of the future. To support us in achieving these aims and delivering our mission, we have a new opportunity for a Project Coordinator to join our team.
If our mission and this opportunity resonates with you, we want to hear from you!What’s the job?
As we continue our journey toward excellence, we have identified the need to strengthen our Project Team within our Assessment Department. As a Project Coordinator, you will support our Head of Assessment deliver a show stopping performance to our employers and learners. Before you know it, you’ll be building relationships with our learners and employers through email & telephone communication. You will be a customer-focused thinker, who can see through the noise to find the root cause with an open mind and inquisitive nature.
Additionally, you will passionately champion and drive the continuous improvement and quality of Baltic’s ‘Learner Journey’, ensuring we deliver best in class customer experience to our learners and employers. Within this role you will work collaboratively and efficiently across our Assessment department to support projects, programmes and other activity. You’ll be involved with the coordination and implementation of new procedures and will frequently have responsibility for specific projects and tasks. We are looking for an organized and proactive individual who has the ability to manage pressure and conflicting demands, and prioritise tasks and workload to meet business objectives.
If you are a hardworking, self-sufficient individual with excellent interpersonal skills then maybe this is the role for you?Role Responsibilities (include but not limited to):
Essential skills and experience:
- To support and manage multiple concurrent projects
- Complete various audits to identify improvement areas
- Provide excellent customer service via both telephone and email
- Quality control assessment documentation
- Use our CRM and LMS systems to manage learner and employer data
- Monitor our time keeping reports
- Work alongside the management team in order to deliver a first class service
- Create guidance documents to assist our Learning Mentor Team
- Update department standard operation procedures
- Use a variety of software packages (including Microsoft Word, Excel, Access and Powerpoint) to manage data and produce documents and presentations
- Updating trackers (progress, resources allocation & other volumetric)
- Carry out SWOT analysis on projects and processes
Desirable skills and experience:
- Strong analytical skills, with an ability to identify ‘root cause’ and help propose solutions to problems
- Strong time and task management skills
- Taking ownership and having accountability
- Strong initiative and drive, self-motivated with an aptitude to work well under pressure and with low supervision
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Programs
- A flexible approach and a positive, can-do attitude
- Self-motivated person keen to take on challenges
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- High levels of attention to detail
- The ability to plan your own work, use your initiative and meet deadlines
- Great problem solving skills and numeracy
- Good understanding of our company values
- Understands and shares in our vision, mission and core purpose
How to apply:
If this sounds like the perfect role for you, and you are ready to join our #ChangingFutures mission, submit your CV and Covering Letter using the 'Apply Now' button below.