Job Title: People Coordinator
Department: Support Services
Line Manager: Beth Gavin
Location: Darlington, Morton Park
Salary: Up to £24,000.00 per annum (depending on experience)
Who We Are
As a leading provider of apprenticeships within the IT, Tech and Digital sector we are here to make a difference to every learner and inspire them to succeed. It’s why we exist; it drives everything we do.
We have ambitious growth plans that include the continued innovation of our product, customer experience and increasing our capacity to create even more life changing opportunities, shaping the Tech & Digital talent of the future. To support us in achieving these aims and delivering our mission, we have a new opportunity for a People Coordinator to join our People & Culture Team.
What’s the job?
Have you completed your Level 3 CIPD qualification and you are now looking for an exciting people role that has excellent, proven, progression opportunities? We are extremely excited to be recruiting for a People Coordinator to join our team.
We have ambitious future plans for delivery, and our people are the key to us achieving these goals. We want our people to have the best colleague experiences and to experience a great place to work, where they can be their authentic selves. Our aim is to be inclusive and compassionate in everything we do, putting our internal customers at the centre, and being ambitious in what we want to achieve.
The People Coordinator role is a key role enabling our business to achieve its strategy through its people. The team are responsible for ensuring we provide an excellent and pro-active HR Advisory service, challenging the status quo and building a colleague experience that supports our ambition to be a great place to work. Over the next 12 months you will play a key role in defining our recruitment and retention strategy. You will provide a great candidate experience by providing regular updates, completing personable telephone screens and building role specific talent pools.
If you are hardworking, resilient and self-motivated we can provide you the opportunity to progress within your HR career!
Role Responsibilities (include but not limited to):
- Supporting with the end-to-end delivery of the employee lifecycle
- Creating job descriptions and posting live on our job boards
- Managing vacancies (advertising, resourcing, telephone screen, shortlist, interview co-ordination and interview outcome communications)
- Assisting with the development of recruitment campaigns
- Supporting with the delivery and co-ordination of the Company Induction, Integration and Probation journey
- Responsibility for the day-to-day management of HR data systems and contact streams (e-mail inbox and telephone helpline)
- Updating HR policies in line with current legislation and informing employees about changes
- Contributing to the continuous improvement of HR systems and practices
- Providing support and advice on people relation cases
- Supports with the design, delivery and monitoring of people projects and initiatives
- Opportunity for funded L5 apprenticeship in HR Partnering (CIPD accredited)
- Development time to attend external networking groups and workshops
- Funded completion of MHFA qualification
Essential Skills & Experience:
- Level 3 CIPD Qualification and/or previous HR experience (minimum 1 year)
- Customer service focused, with excellent communication skills both written and oral
- Proficiency with the use of IT systems and databases including Microsoft Office programs
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work with people at different levels, including senior staff members.
- Understanding of the confidential nature of HR practice
- Able to handle challenging conversations or situations, with sound conflict resolution skills
- Strong active listening skills, with an ability to understand and empathise
- Strong problem solving skills, with an ability to understand the root cause
- Solutions-focused, pragmatic and objective
Desirable Skills & Experience:
- Previous HR experience
- Coaching qualification or experience coaching others
- Mental health related qualification
How to apply:
If this sounds like the perfect role for you, and you are ready to join our #ChangingFutures mission, submit your CV and Covering Letter using the 'Apply Now' button below.
At Baltic Apprenticeships, we champion the alternative and are committed to diversity and inclusion. As an equal opportunities employer, we welcome applications from everyone regardless of age, ancestry, belief, colour, disability, gender expression, gender identity, marital status, nationality, neurodivergence, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or socio-economic status. Whether you’re starting out in your career, switching to a new one, or bring years of sector-specific experience with you, you can become a changemaker and find your people at Baltic.