Job Title: People Apprentice
Department: People & Culture
Line Manager: People and Culture Manager
Location: Head Office, Newton Aycliffe
Salary: £9,785.00 per annum
Who We Are
As a leading provider of apprenticeships within the IT, Tech and Digital sector we are here to make a difference to every learner and inspire them to succeed. It’s why we exist, it drives everything we do. To support our ambitious growth plans, our journey to creating an outstanding people experience and place to work and enabling our people to deliver excellence in learner and customer outcomes, we are looking for an ambitious individual to join our People & Culture Team as a People Apprentice.
What's the job?
As a People Apprentice, you will support our busy People & Culture Team to provide an efficient and streamlined service to the business across a variety of HR and recruitment related administrative tasks.
You will initially undertake a 15 month L3 Business Administration apprenticeship through our partner training provider, ITEC North East, with the potential to progress on to a specialist apprenticeship at a later date. This apprenticeship will give you grounded exposure to key administrative elements of our people services and employee lifecycle enabling the development of your knowledge, skills and competencies required of the apprenticeship standard. Whilst honing your craft as a people practitioner, this role will also provide you the opportunity to steer your path in a particular specialism area.
Role Responsibilties (include but not limited to):
- Supporting the creation of clear job descriptions and attractive job adverts, publishing on all relevant external platforms
- Supporting with recruitment resourcing and candidate screening
- Supporting with effective management of talent pools
- Managing candidate contact through the recruitment mailbox and external platforms
- Liaising with managers to co-ordinate recruitment shortlist, interview and selection processes
- Liaise with managers to ensure all candidates receive timely outcomes at each stage of the candidate journey
- Supporting with pre-employment checks, preparing contracts of employment and processing of other key new starter processes
- Supporting with administration of onboarding and offboarding processes
- Ensuring accurate data capture, input and effective data management within the HRIS (Breathe), conducting regular audits, periodic data updates and supporting the creation of key management information reports
- Supporting with other key administrative duties as required
Essential Skills and Experience:
- GCSEs (or equivalent) in Maths & English (grades C / 4 or above)
- Excellent organisation skills with a methodical approach to work
- Analytical with a key eye for detail
- Confident and clear communicator
- Strong IT skills with experience of using Microsoft Office packages
- Ability to maintain confidentiality at all times
Desirable Skills and Experience
- Previous administrative experience in a busy office environment
- Previous experience in a recruitment or resourcing role
- Previous experience delivery excellence in customer service
- Experience an HR environment (i.e. internship / work experience)
- Understanding of HR policy and employment legislation
- Understanding of recruitment processes
How To Apply
If this sounds like the perfect role for you, and you are ready to join our #ChangingFutures mission, complete and submit your application today using the buttons below.
As part of our commitment to creating an equal, diverse and inclusive workplace, we positively encourage applications from all; particularly those from underrepresented communities or minority groups.
This post qualifies for visa sponsorship and we welcome applications from those requiring such support.