Job Title: Learning & Development Trainer & Observer
Department: Support Services
Line Manager: Teaching & Learning Manager
Location: Hybrid (Darlington)
DBS Check Required: Yes
Salary: £25,000.00 - £29,000.00 per annum (depending on experience)
Who We Are
As a leading provider of apprenticeships within the IT, Tech and Digital sector we are here to make a difference to every learner and inspire them to succeed. It’s why we exist, it drives everything we do.
We have ambitious growth plans that include the continued innovation of our product, customer experience and increasing our capacity to create even more life changing opportunities; shaping the Tech & Digital talent of the future. As an expert Tech & Digital training provider, we are passionate about delivering outstanding learner experiences that enables the development and acquisition of essential skills, experience and qualifications required to forge a successful career in industry.
If our mission and this opportunity resonates with you, we want to hear from you.
What's the job?
Do you have experience in coaching, mentoring or assessment? Are you passionate about apprenticeship standards and supporting those delivering standards to enable them to progress and achieve recognised qualifications? Are you interested in improving the levels of teaching, learning and assessment that learners receive by providing critical observation and constructive feedback?
As a Learning & Development Trainer and Observer you will deliver our Learning Mentor Level 3 and Assessor Coach Level 4 apprenticeship to internal employees in our Assessment Team. You will also carry out observations of teaching, learning and assessment, and other quality activities, as part of our Teaching and Learning team. If you are an ambitious, high energy professional with fantastic interpersonal skills then this could be the role for you.
Key Responsibilities as the Learning and Development Trainer:
- To create and maintain a programme of learning (alongside internal stakeholders), consistent with recognised apprenticeship standards and awarding body quality assurance processes, that ensures a first class learning experience and effective learning outcomes
- To deliver and assess Level 3 Learning Mentor and L4 Assessor Coach apprenticeships to cohorts of internal delivery professionals, in line with recognised apprenticeship standards and awarding body quality assurance processes, via our SMART Classroom
- To ensure regular learner contact, per standard operating procedures
- To ensure learner progress and achievement through effective teaching and learning methodologies, assessment of learning practices and guided observation, coaching and mentoring
- To ensure learners are prepared for End Point Assessment, through the effective facilitation of assessment plan completion and portfolio building, continuous coaching and mentoring and exam preparation
- To develop the Functional Skills of learners consistent with the apprenticeship standard
- To attend and contribute to regular training & standardisation meetings as required by internal quality assurance procedures
- To maintain accurate data management records, assessment of learning records and documentation, ensuring delivery and paperwork is compliant with internal and external standards at all times and is GDPR compliant
- To maintain and continuously update own knowledge, skills and occupational competence as required
Key Responsibilities as an Observer of teaching, learning and assessment:
- To conduct observations of teaching, learning and assessment of all of our delivery staff and provide developmental feedback and support in line with the Observation of Teaching, Learning & Assessment policy
- To create, support and monitor the Quality Development Action plans of delivery staff following observations.
- To maintain and update knowledge of OFSTED inspection frameworks and activity
- To contribute to annual review of the Observation of Teaching, Learning & Assessment policy, providing recommendations for continuous improvement
- To conduct quality checks of the on programme progress reviews that are completed by the assessment team.
- To conduct Deep Dives of our provision at various points within the academic year alongside others in the Teaching and Learning Team.
- To promote and demonstrate our Brand Identity, Culture & Values at all times
- To undertake all aspects of the post in accordance with key company policies
- To lead on and contribute to the identification, development and delivery of broader department people development activity as required by business need
- To support wider quality development initiatives across the business as required by business need
Essential Knowledge, Skills, Experience & Behaviours:
- Knowledge and/or experience of the apprenticeship sector and apprenticeship standards
- Demonstrable experience in the teaching and assessment of apprenticeship standards
- Experience of carrying out observations of teaching, learning and assessment
- Strong coaching and mentoring skills, with the ability to drive high performance through facilitated performance development (including observation, root cause analysis, training needs analysis, coaching & mentoring)
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Possess strong interpersonal and stakeholder management skills, with the ability to build strong working relationships, rapport and understanding with learners and other internal stakeholders
- Strong time and task management skills, with the ability to manage and deliver to key objectives and projects
- Proficient in the use of IT systems and databases, including Microsoft Office programs
- Demonstrable coaching & mentoring experience
- Demonstrable teaching & learning experience
- Understands and shares in our Brand Identity, Culture and Mission
- Hold GCSEs (or equivalent) in A-C English, Math and IT
Desirable Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- Hold a relevant Education & Training qualification (such as EAT L3 or equivalent)
- Hold a relevant Assessment qualification (such as A1, TAQA and V1 or equivalent)
- Hold a relevant Coaching and Mentoring qualification (such as L5 CMI Coaching & Mentoring or equivalent)
- Hold a relevant Learning & Development qualification (such as L5 CIPD Learning & Development Partner or equivalent)
- Demonstrable knowledge of the OFSTED Inspection Framework and operating within it
- Demonstrable experience in an apprenticeship teaching, learning or mentoring role
- Demonstrable knowledge and/or experience of the L3 Learning Mentor and L4 Assessor apprenticeship standards and curriculum
- Demonstrable observation of teaching & learning experience
- Knowledge of End Point Assessment processes and requirements
How To Apply
If this sounds like the perfect role for you, and you are ready to join our #ChangingFutures mission, complete and submit your application today using the buttons below.
As part of our commitment to creating an equal, diverse and inclusive workplace, we positively encourage applications from all; particularly those from underrepresented communities or minority groups.
Baltic Apprenticeships recognises that it has a statutory and moral duty to promote and safeguard the welfare of its students who are under the age of 18. All staff are required to undertake safeguarding training.