Job Title: Junior Software Trainer
Salary: £20,000 - £26,000 (depending on experience)
Location: Head Office
DBS Check Required: Yes
Who We Are
As a leading provider of apprenticeships within the IT, Tech and Digital sector we are here to make a difference to every learner and inspire them to succeed. It’s why we exist, it drives everything we do.
We have ambitious growth plans that include the continued innovation of our product, customer experience and increasing our capacity to create even more life changing opportunities; shaping the Tech & Digital talent of the future. As an expert Tech & Digital training provider, we are passionate about delivering outstanding learner experiences that enables the development and acquisition of essential skills, experience and qualifications required to forge a successful career in industry.
If our mission and this opportunity resonates with you, we want to hear from you.
What’s the job?
Are you an experienced or qualified Software Development or Data Analytics professional? Do you have real world experience of applying your knowledge and skills? Do you want to inspire the Software and Data talent of the future, coaching our learners in the development of key skills & competencies throughout their Software or Data apprenticeship programme? Our Junior Software Trainer could be the role for you…
Our Digital apprenticeship programmes have been designed to equip our learners with the core skills and competencies required to thrive in a Digital career. But while knowledge, skills and competencies are important so too is the ability to apply them in in practice.
As a Digital Skills Coach, you will support the delivery and development of our L3 & 4 apprenticeship programmes alongside our team of expert Technical Trainers and specialist Learning Mentors. You will be responsible for the creation and delivery of innovative and engaging competency workshops, using your knowledge and expertise in Digital with a coaching centred approach to enable our learners to translate their acquired technical knowledge into real world practice.
This is a high impact role, ensuring our learners are able to interpret and demonstrate the key knowledge, skills and competencies of their Digital programme. Connecting their training to real life practice that reinforces the achievement of key learning outcomes that supports strong and timely progress with relevant assessment plans.
You will be playing a key part in enabling our learners to learn, progress, and achieve their potential.
Role Responsibilities (include but not limited to):
- To provide professional and high quality training as part of our apprenticeship programmes via our SMART Classrooms
- Responsible for the delivery of assessment competency support workshops
- Coach and mentor the learners to enable them to achieve their full potential
- To assist learning mentors in assessment marking.
- To create and maintain engaging curriculum
- To deliver exam support sessions
- To maintain accurate documentation
- To swiftly implement IQA feedback into assessment documentation
- To undertake all aspects of the post in accordance with the companies Equal Opportunities policy
- To comply with GDPR in relation to collection, use, storage and disposal of personal or sensitive data
- To maintain and update own knowledge, skills and occupational competence as required by the awarding body
- To support the promotion and growth of apprenticeships throughout the programmes
- Achieve consistently “Good” observation grades
- Achieve the benchmark of 8.2 learner feedback scores
- Deliver to class sizes of up to 8 delegates
- Invigilate vendor and awarding body exams whilst adhering to exam body and local policies and procedures
- Experience in the IT/Digital industry and/or demonstrated knowledge in an IT/Digital specialism.
- Experience of training delivery within the relevant industry.
- Demonstrable training/coaching/consultancy skills and experience.
- Strong communication and active listening skills.
- Hold or have willingness to achieve Education & Training qualification.
- Proficient in the use of IT systems and databases including Microsoft Office programs.
- Knowledge or experience of apprenticeships (sector, standards etc.)
- Good understanding of our company values and behaviours.
- Experience in a relevant role.
How to apply:
If this sounds like the perfect role for you, and you are ready to join our #ChangingFutures mission, submit your CV and Covering Letter using the 'Apply Now' button below.