Job Title: Junior Software Coach
Line Manager: Programme Manager
Location: Darlington, Morton Park
DBS Check Required: Yes
Salary: Starting salary of £25,000 (DOE) + OTE
Who We Are
As a leading provider of apprenticeships within the IT, Tech, and Digital sector we are here to make a difference to every learner and inspire them to succeed. It’s why we exist, it drives everything we do. We have ambitious growth plans that include the continued innovation of our product, customer experience and increasing our capacity to create even more life changing opportunities; shaping the Tech & Digital talent of the future. To support us in achieving these aims and delivering our mission, we have a new opportunity for a Junior Software Coach to join our team.
If our mission and this opportunity resonates with you, we want to hear from you!
What’s the job?
As a Junior Software Coach, you’ll use your experience, industry knowledge and the understanding of our apprenticeship programmes, learner journey and ways of working, to provide outstanding personal and professional guidance to our apprentices.
With robust support and training, you’ll be responsible for providing a first-class learning experience to help develop, encourage and motivate your learners to achieve their full potential both personally and professionally.
You will motivate and influence your own caseload of learners towards the successful and timely achievement of their apprenticeship, by developing their skills, knowledge and behaviours through a range of training days, workshops and quarterly reviews.
Role Responsibilities (include but not limited to):
- To support Level 3 and Level 4 learners to build their portfolio of evidence in preparation for their end point assessment
- Manage a caseload of up to 36 learners through their apprenticeship by developing their skills, knowledge and behaviours through a range of training days, workshops and quarterly reviews
- To facilitate the delivery of technical workshops and personal development microteaches throughout the duration of the apprenticeship
- Assess our apprenticeship programmes and maintain high quality standards at all times, adhering to service and awarding body quality assurance procedures
- Work with your dedicated IQA to maintain high right first time and low rework
- Create and maintain strong relationships with learners, employers and internal stakeholders
- To be able to manage learner progress and development through a variation of 121 and group sessions using our SMART online classroom
- Adhere to regular learner contact to ensure your learners are progressing in line with agreed milestones
- Manage off the job hours to ensure each learner is meeting the apprenticeship standard requirements
- Effectively manage personal training plans to ensure our learners achieve timely
- Attend standardisation meetings as required by quality assurance and share learner progress
- Maintain accurate data management records and documentation, ensuring delivery and paperwork is compliant at all times
- Maintain and update knowledge, skills and occupational competence as required by the awarding body
- Support the growth of our apprenticeship provision
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organisational skills with great attention to detail
- Flexible, adaptable and able to work well under pressure
- Confident using IT systems and databases including Microsoft Office programs
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build relationships, rapport and understanding of every learner
- Open, honest and transparent communicator
- Be able to confidently challenge learners and provide constructive, developmental feedback
- Thorough and logical approach to problem solving
- Determination to see problems and solutions through to the end
Desirable Skills and Experience:
- Hold relevant teaching qualification (PGCE, PCET, ATE)
- Previous experience in Software Development sector
- Previous experience of apprenticeships or teaching
- Degree or Apprenticeship qualified in a relevant discipline (Digital, Education)
- Specific knowledge of Software Development
- Knowledge of the apprenticeship sector and standards
How To Apply
If this sounds like the perfect role for you, and you are ready to join our #ChangingFutures mission, complete and submit your application today using the buttons below.
At Baltic Apprenticeships, we champion the alternative and are committed to diversity and inclusion. As an equal opportunities employer, we welcome applications from everyone regardless of age, ancestry, belief, colour, disability, gender expression, gender identity, marital status, nationality, neurodivergence, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or socio-economic status. Whether you’re starting out in your career, switching to a new one, or bring years of sector-specific experience with you, you can become a changemaker and find your people at Baltic.
Baltic Apprenticeships recognises that it has a statutory and moral duty to promote and safeguard the welfare of its students who are under the age of 18. All staff are required to undertake safeguarding training.