Role: IT Support Engineer
Department: Support Service
Line Manager: IT Support/Facilities Manager
Location: Head Office, Baltic House, DL5 6EN
Salary: Starting at £20,000 per annum (depending on experience)
Who We Are
As a leading provider of apprenticeships within the IT, Tech and Digital sector we are here to make a difference to every learner and inspire them to succeed. It’s why we exist, it drives everything we do.
We have ambitious growth plans that include the continued innovation of our product, customer experience and increasing our capacity to create even more life changing opportunities; shaping the Tech & Digital talent of the future. To support us in achieving these aims and delivering our mission, we have a new opportunity for an experienced IT apprenticeship trainer to join our team.
If our mission and this opportunity resonates with you, we want to hear from you!
What’s the job?
As a Support Engineer, you’ll be monitoring and maintaining the computer systems and networks within our organisation in a technical support role. If there are any issues or changes required, you will be required to provide technical support via phone, web based tools and email. You’ll be the first person employees will come to.
Tasks can include installing and configuring computer systems, diagnosing hardware/software faults and solving technical problems, either over the phone or face to face. Most importantly, as businesses we cannot afford to be without any technical system over a period of time, or individual workstations. For more than the minimum time taken to repair or replace them, your technical support is vital to the ongoing operational efficiency of the company.
The successful candidate will possess a broad knowledge of digital, VoIP services, IP networking, and data provisions. You will be highly experienced in providing excellent customer service and problem escalation/resolution on a Help desk support system.
Above all, you will play a leading role in facilitating our employees to change the lives of young people through the power of apprenticeships. Are you ready to be a change maker?
Role Responsibilities (include but not limited to):
- Provide Level 2 support to end users of the Baltic Group
- Provide troubleshooting and technical support via phone, web based tools and email.
- Advise customers regarding the product’s proper use and department specific issues.
- During problem escalations, act as a liaison between customers and Level 1 support engineers.
- Assist the customer base during installations and work along with our 3rd line IT Support, along with having to challenge them when required to do so if they do not meet our agreed deadlines.
- Provide coaching and guidance to other members of the team, such as our apprentices and our other permanent staff. So to develop their skills and knowledge to meet the needs of our growing company.
- Setting up and configuring new laptops and desktops
- installing and configuring computer hardware, software, systems, networks, printers and scanners
- Setting up mobile phones and tablets
- Maintain current and accurate inventory of technology hardware, software and resources
- Adhere to company protocol as laid out in the Company Handbook
- Additional responsibilities as requested by the IT Support Manager
- Able to coach and develop the skills of others within the team
Essential & Desirable Skills and Experience:
- 1-2 year minimum experience working on a IT Support Helpdesk
- A full driving license is essential
- Passion for new ideas and innovative approach
- IT Support experience at Level 4
- Strong understanding of Ethernet, TCP/IP routing, Network packet analysis tools use and configuration.
- Experience of working with different networks LAN, WAN, MAN and GAN
- Provide recommendations about accessing information and support
- Must excel in a fast-paced, agile environment where critical thinking and strong problem solving skills are required for success.
- Strong technical and analytical skills
- Coaching skills (develop and grow the skills of others within the team)
- Solid experience in problem analysis and resolution of software problems
- Proven ability to function in a self-directed environment
- Innovative thinking who is positive, proactive, readily embraces change
- Ability to handle clients professionally during all interfaces
- Help desk service support experience
How To Apply
If this sounds like the perfect role for you, and you are ready to join our #ChangingFutures mission, complete and submit your application today using the buttons below.
As part of our commitment to creating an equal, diverse and inclusive workplace, we positively encourage applications from all; particularly those from underrepresented communities or minority groups.
This post qualifies for visa sponsorship and we welcome applications from those requiring such support.