Contract Type: Permanent
Hours: 37.5 hours (Monday – Friday)
Salary: £23,000.00 - £25,000.00 depending on qualifications and experience
As a Functional Skills Tutor, you will join our Operations Department as a member of the Functional Skills Team. You will work alongside our current Functional Skills Tutor, Functional Skills Support and Senior Functional Skills & Assessment Manager to provide first class support to our learners and employers throughout their Functional Skills and overall learner journey with Baltic.
You will be an integral part of this process and will work collaboratively with other teams to ensure we are doing all we can to positively enable our learners to develop and enhance their Functional Skills in order to achieve timely completion of their apprenticeship.
Are you looking for a rewarding and inspiring career?
Have you got a minimum of 3 years’ experience of delivering Functional Skills?
Have you got a minimum of 3 years’ experience in the Apprenticeship, Training or Education Sector(s)?
Do you hold a recognised teaching qualification or equivalent – minimum DTTLS?
Do you hold a recognised subject specialism in English and/or Maths?
Do you want to join a forward thinking, innovative organisation that is passionate about transforming the perception of apprenticeships?
Would you like to join an organisation passionate about creating opportunities for young people in one of the fastest growing industries in the world, creating apprenticeship opportunities that are #ChangingFutures?
If so, our new Functional Skills Tutor role could be the perfect fit for you!
The overall scope of the role is to deliver Functional Skills Maths, English and ICT as part of the Apprenticeship Training Programme, aligned to the apprenticeship standards and schedule. In addition to the following (non-exhaustive) responsibilities:
- To provide support to trainers and assessors who require assistance with or need to develop their functional skills delivery
- Coach and mentor learners to enable them to achieve their full potential
- Invigilate Learner exams and accompanying tasks in line with the agreed processes
- Manage the effective use of revision applications and methods to enable the Learners to succeed
- Manage all Leaner work, ensure work is assessed and submitted within agreed timeframes.
- Regularly feedback progress of Functional Skills to line manager, on course, learners, facilities and any areas which may affect the learners ability to succeed
- Accurately complete and maintain funding documentation
- Responsible for duty of care of learners assigned within caseload
- Plan and develop new learning materials to be used via webinar to ensure learners are test ready
- CRM systems to be updated both accurately and timely with both learner results and feedback in line with the current maths and English delivery model
Baltic Apprenticeships were the first apprenticeship training provider to offer a completely tech-focused, tech-driven training solution.
Our vision is to champion change and to constantly look to the future. We want to transform the way people recruit, to change the way people learn and to positively shift the perception of apprenticeships.
By using technology to teach technology, we deliver flexible and dynamic learning where our audience lives most: online. But as impressive as technology is, it needs a human touch. People are more than ones and zeroes and we pride ourselves on our warm, attentive approach to apprentices and employers. Changing lives is a big responsibility, we handle it with care. There is a reason we were awarded a rating of “Distinction” from the Institute of Customer Service.
What we’ll offer you:
If you are looking for a rewarding and inspiring company, then Baltic is the one for you. As part of this role, you will work with a passionate team of Assessors, all of whom thrive in the motivating and fast-paced environment. We’ll also offer you:
- An uplifting culture and the tools to succeed and be the best versions of yourself
- Many social events including awards nights to celebrate team achievements, quarterly charity fundraising days and a Christmas party not to be missed!
- Aspiring progression opportunities and growth plans.
- Baltic offers continuous training for everyone and promotes progression opportunities across the business. A robust induction plan is made for our new recruits that provides them with the knowledge, tools and skills to demonstrate the Baltic Behaviours.
How to apply:
If this sounds like the perfect role for you, and you are ready to join our mission #BETHEFUTURE, apply today with the above application form.
As part of our commitment to creating an equal, diverse and inclusive working environment, we positively encourage applications from underrepresented communities and minority groups.