Job Title: Employer Engagement Manager
Line Manager: Head of Employer Engagement
Salary: £27,000.00 - £30,000.00 per annum + £40K uncapped OTE
Who We Are
As a leading provider of apprenticeships within the IT, Tech, and Digital sector we are here to make a difference to every learner and inspire them to succeed. It’s why we exist, it drives everything we do. We have ambitious growth plans that include the continued innovation of our product, customer experience and increasing our capacity to create even more life changing opportunities; shaping the Tech & Digital talent of the future. To support us in achieving these aims and delivering our mission, we have a new opportunity for an Employer Engagement Manager – Leeds to join our team.
If our mission and this opportunity resonates with you, we want to hear from you.
What’s the job?
Our role of Employer Engagement Manager will be responsible for engaging with Leed’s IT, Digital and Tech businesses to identify and create apprenticeship opportunities for young people. Working alongside our marketing, talent recruitment and employer engagement teams we will develop a strong team ethos and spirit, supporting the overall business goals, whilst having fun along the way.
We are a dedicated IT and Digital Apprenticeship Provider based in the North-East, working throughout the whole of the UK, and now embarking on a new adventure in Leeds. We’re passionate about transcending the boundaries of traditional education and, by working with employers such as Aviva, Serco and Tesco, we’re empowering a diverse generation of tech professionals to shape the future of the digital landscape in the UK.
Leeds is the Tech Hub of the future and hosts a number of innovative tech startups, scaleups and enterprises. It is a city that continues to thrive and has a wealth of young talent available for new and exciting tech opportunities. At Baltic, we are passionate about apprenticeships and helping to train the workforce of the future.
Leeds is focused on tech and has had a lot of success in fostering an innovative culture. This is an exciting opportunity to make the role entirely your own, and to carve out a space for Baltic apprentices within Leed’s IT, Digital and Tech sector. You will be working alongside a small and supportive team of colleagues working in similar roles.
We are looking for an ambitious, motivated and high-energy person with fantastic communication, presentation, listening and negotiating skills. Some of our most successful employees in similar roles at Baltic have come from a range of professional backgrounds, including sales, recruitment, further education, travel, retail, business development and law. They share a common purpose, a people-focused outlook, and passion for learning and the work they do. If you have the passion to deliver a show stopping performance then maybe this is the role for you?
Role Responsibilities (include but not limited to):
- Participate in Leeds IT, Tech and Digital skills conversation
- Educate local employer networks on the apprenticeship talent solution
- Identify, prospect and generate new apprenticeship opportunities in your region
- Attend business development meetings with customers and convert apprenticeship opportunities
- Coordinate with recruitment colleagues to fulfil created opportunities
- Collaborate with Baltic colleagues working on the same account to ensure the highest levels of service across each function
- Develop and maintain long-term relationships with accounts retaining a minimum of 80% beyond the existing service
- Communicates client needs and demands to SMT
- Forecast and track client account metrics
- Keep records of client transactions
- Adhere and promote the company values and core mission
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Previous experience in a sales, business development or employer engagement role
- A driving licence is essential for the role as occasional travel to Manchester may be required
- Excellent communication skills, with an ability to build long-lasting and trusted relationships
- Exceptional customer service skills, with the ability to understand customer need and deliver solutions focused outcomes
- Proficiency with the use of IT systems and databases including Microsoft Office programs
- Strong project, time and task management skills
- Creative thinker, with a flair for innovation and continuous improvement
- Strong analytical skills, with an ability to interpret and use data to inform decision making
- Understands and shares in our vision, mission and core purpose
Desirable Skills and Experience:
- Previous experience in the apprenticeships, training or education sector
- Previous experience in the tech or digital sector
- Strong relationships and networks in the regional tech and digital sector
- Knowledge of the digital skills gap
- Knowledge of the tech and digital sector
- Good understanding of our company values and people behaviours
How to apply:
If this sounds like the perfect role for you, and you are ready to join our #ChangingFutures mission, submit your CV and Covering Letter using the 'Apply Now' button below.