Job Title: Employer Engagement Manager - East Riding of Yorkshire
Hours: 40 hours per week (Monday – Friday)
Salary: £27,000 - £30,000 + £40k uncapped OTE
General Job Description
Our new role of Employer Engagement Manager will be responsible for engaging with the East Riding of Yorkshire’s IT, Digital and Tech businesses to identify and create apprenticeship opportunities for young people. Working alongside our marketing, talent recruitment and employer engagement teams we will develop a strong team ethos and spirit, supporting the overall business goals, whilst having fun along the way.
We are a dedicated IT and Digital Apprenticeship Provider based in the North-East, working throughout the whole of the UK, and now embarking on a new adventure in East Yorkshire. We’re passionate about transcending the boundaries of traditional education and, by working with employers such as Aviva, Serco and Tesco, we’re empowering a diverse generation of tech professionals to shape the future of the digital landscape in the UK.
This is a brand new role, created as part of Baltic Apprenticeships’ expanding city-centre hub network. This is an exciting opportunity to make the role entirely your own, and to carve out a space for Baltic apprentices within East Yorkshires IT, Digital and Tech sector. You will be working alongside a small and supportive team of colleagues working in similar roles.
Our new role of Employer Engagement Manager will be responsible for engaging with businesses in Hull, York and surrounding areas to identify and create opportunities for young people. Working alongside our marketing, talent recruitment and employer engagement teams we will develop a strong team ethos and spirit, supporting the overall business goals, whilst having a little fun along the way.
Employer Engagement Manager Duties:
- Participate in East Yorkshire’s IT, Tech and Digital skills conversation
- Educate local employer networks on the apprenticeship talent solution
- Identify, prospect and generate new apprenticeship opportunities in your region
- Attend business development meetings with customers and convert apprenticeship opportunities
- Coordinate with recruitment colleagues to fulfil created opportunities
- Collaborate with Baltic colleagues working on the same account to ensure the highest levels of service across each function
- Develop and maintain long-term relationships with accounts retaining a minimum of 80% beyond the existing service
- Communicates client needs and demands to SMT
- Forecast and track client account metrics
- Keep records of client transactions
- Adhere and promote the company values and core mission
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Previous experience in a sales, business development or employer engagement role
- Excellent communication skills, with an ability to build long-lasting and trusted relationships
- Exceptional customer service skills, with the ability to understand customer need and deliver solutions focused outcomes
- Proficiency with the use of IT systems and databases including Microsoft Office programs
- Strong project, time and task management skills
- Creative thinker, with a flair for innovation and continuous improvement
- Strong analytical skills, with an ability to interpret and use data to inform decision making
- Understands and shares in our vision, mission and core purpose
Desirable Skills and Experience:
- Previous experience in the apprenticeships, training or education sector
- Previous experience in the tech or digital sector
- Strong relationships and networks in the regional tech and digital sector
- Knowledge of the digital skills gap
- Knowledge of the tech and digital sector
- Good understanding of our company values and people behaviours
How to apply:
If this sounds like the perfect role for you, and you are ready to join our #ChangingFutures mission, submit your CV and Covering Letter using the 'Apply Now' button below.