Job Title: Data Technician Apprentice Level 3
Line Manager: Head of Assessment
Location: Head Office, Newton Aycliffe
Salary: £13,000-£16,000 per annum (depending on experience)
General Job Description:
Are you an aspiring Data Technician? Are you a logical thinker who has an ability to understand and analyse data? Have you got what it takes to succeed in the world of data?
As a leading provider of apprenticeships within the IT, Tech and Digital sector, we are here to create job opportunities for young people and empower businesses to grow their own talent, through the power of apprenticeships. It’s why we exist, it drives everything we do.
What’s the job?
As a Data Technician Apprentice, you will join our Assessment Team and be mentored by our Assessment Managers. Your primary purpose will be to uncover and develop our data intelligence within the department so that we are able to make more informed decisions. You will track trends, report on department productivity and performance and ensure the quality of our data is of the highest standard to be able to report effectively.
Who are you?
We are looking for an enthusiastic, hardworking individual who is willing to learn, organised and committed to their continuous development. You will need to have good attention to detail and be able to work within a fast paced environment. You will be a logical thinker who has an ability to understand and present data insights to our Assessment Team. The successful candidate will need to be committed to completing their level 3 apprenticeship programme with Baltic. As a training provider we understand the demands of an apprenticeship so will support you every step of the way!
Visit our website for more information on our Data Technician Level 3 Apprenticeship: https://www.balticapprenticeships.com/apprentices/data-apprenticeships/data-technician
Role Responsibilities (include but not limited to):
- Reporting on department and product performance
- Providing our Head of Assessment with detailed insights
- Understanding what our data means and where to find it
- Collect data from different sources
- Present data in visual formats
- Sense checking data to ensure 100% accuracy
- Identifying patterns
- Reporting on trends
- Investigating problems
Full training and support will be provided throughout your Apprenticeship.
Essential skills and experience
- Passion for data
- GCSE Maths and English grades Level 4/C (or equivalent).
- Good ICT skills and able to use Microsoft packages such as Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Organised approach to work and able complete tasks to deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills; written and verbal.
- Committed to completing a 12-15 month apprenticeship programme.
- Strong mathematical skills.
- Hardworking, willing to learn and able to work within a team.
Desirable skills and experience
- Understanding of data.
- Understanding of databases/spreadsheets.
- Good problem solving skills.
- Knowledge of apprenticeships.
- Understanding of our Company brand and values.
If you are as excited as we are about this opportunity, then click apply. We can’t wait to see your application and to get you started on your Baltic Journey!