Job Title: Data Technician Apprentice
Department: Support Services
Line Manager: Funding Admin Manager
Location: Head Office
Salary: up to £13,000-£16,000 per annum (depending on experience)
General Job Description
Are you looking to start a career within data? Are you a logical thinker who has an ability to understand and analyse data? Are you looking for a career with an employer who will invest in you?
As a leading provider of apprenticeships within the IT, Tech and Digital sector, we are here to create job opportunities for young people and empower businesses to grow their own talent, through the power of apprenticeships. It’s why we exist, it drives everything we do.
What’s the job?
Our Data Technician Apprentice will join our fantastic Admin & Funding Team and will report into our Funding and Admin Manager. Your main duties will be to provide data support and analysis to the business using internal systems and spreadsheet data. You will be required to provide efficient and effective support and develop skills, knowledge and experience in all aspects of Data. Attention to detail and good organisation skills are a must, as throughout the working day you will be completing a range of analysis tasks that require you to use different systems and funding knowledge to complete. You will need to embody our brand values and culture.
Who are you?
We are looking for an enthusiastic, hardworking individual who is willing to learn, organised and committed to supporting the business. You will need to have good attention to detail and be able to work within a fast paced, environment. The successful candidate will need to be committed to completing their level 3 apprenticeship programme with Baltic. As a training provider we understand the demands of an apprenticeship so will support you every step of the way! Visit our website for more information on our Data Technician Level 3 Apprenticeship.
Role Responsibilities (include but not limited to):
- Understanding data and manipulating it to be able to understand what it means
- Understanding what data means and where to find it
- Familiarisation with funding claim reports
- Analyse data and break in into different funding streams
- Highlight differences between indicative funding vs actual funding received
- Processing start and achievement numbers in real time
- Reporting on actual vs expected lengths of stay
- Monthly End Point Assessment accruals
- Other Ad Hoc data duties
Essential skills and experience
- Passion for data
- GCSE Maths and English grades A-C (or equivalent).
- Good ICT skills and able to use Microsoft packages such as Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Organised approach to work and able complete tasks to deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills; written and verbal.
- Hardworking, willing to learn and able to work within a team.
Desirable skills and experience
- Logical thinking
- Self-motivated and hardworking
- Good problem solving skills
- Knowledge of apprenticeships.
- Understanding of our Company brand and values.
How To Apply
If you are as excited as we are about this opportunity, then click apply. We can’t wait to see your application and to get you started on your Baltic Journey!