Job Title: Consultant Technical Trainer - Data Lead
Line Manager: Technical Training Manager
Location: Home based (with extensive national travel)
DBS Check Required: Yes
Salary: £40,000 per annum (depending on experience)
General Job Description
Have you delivered technical training in Data and Data Analytics? Are you passionate about helping young people start their careers? Can you explain technical concepts in an easy to understand manner? Are you able to motivate and positively influence a classroom of learners?
As a leading provider of apprenticeships within the IT, Tech and Digital sector we are here to make a difference to every learner and inspire them to succeed. It’s why we exist, it drives everything we do.
As we continue our journey toward excellence, we have identified the need to grow our Technical Training team.
We are looking to recruit a Consultant Technical Trainer who will specialise in guiding our apprentices on our Data Technician and Data Analyst apprenticeship course. In a data driven world, it is critical that we expose our learners to skilled experienced trainers in order to help shape our future data experts. At Baltic, we have an office in the National Innovation Centre for Data, providing us access to the best knowledge and resources to equip our learners with the right knowledge and skills.
As a Consultant Technical Trainer, you will join our dedicated team of Technical Trainers who are tasked with delivering engaging and inspiring apprenticeship training to our on- programme learners.
From day one, you will develop your knowledge and understanding of our Data Technician and Data Analyst apprenticeship program. You will be specifically responsible for the delivery and development of our program, delivering high quality training through our innovative online S.M.A.R.T Classroom. You will work alongside our Curriculum Director to create engaging content for our learners and to establish yourself as our Data Lead.
If you are an ambitious, high energy professional with fantastic interpersonal, presentation and listening skills and if you have the passion to deliver a show stopping performance then maybe this is the role for you?
Consultant Technical Training Duties:
- To contribute to the production of the department’s operating plan
- To support change, development and opportunities within the department
- To support growth within the organisation
- To ensure that Programme content is regularly reviewed and updated. Ensuring the curriculum is developed to provide learners with access to the skills necessary to support their achievement, including access to Functional Skills
- To provide effective support to Technical and Junior Technical Trainers
- To manage resources in collaboration with the Training Manager and Curriculum Director, including the deployment of resources required for effective and innovative curriculum delivery
- To ensure that success rates on courses are maintained above national benchmarks and that there is continuous improvement in success rates
- To support the development of new approaches to teaching and learning in line with national developments and the needs of learners
- To provide professional and high quality training as part of our apprenticeship programmes via our SMART Classrooms
- Invigilate vendor and awarding body exams whilst adhering to exam body and local policies and procedures
- Responsible for the delivery of the programme to the agreed schedule and standards
- Coach and mentor the learners to enable them to achieve their full potential
- Manage any re-work of assignments
- To manage all uploaded leaner work within the agreed timeframes and ensure learner file naming conventions and storage processes are followed
- To maintain accurate documentation
- To undertake all aspects of the post in accordance with the companies Equal Opportunities policy
- To comply with GDPR in relation to collection, use, storage and disposal of personal or sensitive data
- To maintain and update own knowledge, skills and occupational competence as required by the awarding body
- To support the promotion and growth of apprenticeships throughout the programmes
- Marking and assessment of assignments/learner work
- Deliver all of Baltic Apprenticeships’ technical training courses within the relevant discipline
- Achieve consistently “Outstanding” observation grades
- Achieve departmental learner feedback scores
- Deliver to class sizes of up to 14 delegates
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Technical knowledge and understanding in Data and Data Analytics
- Relevant experience of delivering technical training in Data and Data Analytics
- A proven track record of exam success rates for learners
- Previous experience or understanding of Apprenticeships
- Hold a relevant teaching qualification
- An ability to create engaging learning materials suitable for SMART classroom delivery
- A passion for training/coaching and learner success
- Excellent verbal communication skills, with an ability to communicate clearly and explain technical concepts in an easy to understand manner
- Strong interpersonal skills – with the ability to build relationships, rapport and a strong understanding with each learner
- An ability to encourage and motivate on-programme learners
- Must have a valid UK driving license.
Desirable Skills and Experience:
- Knowledge and passion for the IT, Tech and Digital sector
- Good understanding of our company values and people behaviours
- Understands and shares in our vision, mission and core purpose
How to apply:
If this sounds like the perfect role for you, and you are ready to join our #ChangingFutures mission, submit your CV and Covering Letter using the 'Apply Now' button below.
As part of our commitment to creating an equal, diverse and inclusive workplace, we positively encourage applications from all; particularly those from underrepresented communities or minority groups.
Please contact us at email@example.com if you have any queries about this post, our application process or the retention of your data.