Job Title: Associate Technical Trainer
Line Manager: Training Manager
Contract: 1, 3 and 6 month contracts
Salary: Up to £33k FTE, pro-rata for the contract period
Who We Are
As a leading provider of apprenticeships within the IT, Tech and Digital sector we are here to make a difference to every learner and inspire them to succeed. It’s why we exist, it drives everything we do.
We have ambitious growth plans that include the continued innovation of our product, customer experience and increasing our capacity to create even more life changing opportunities; shaping the Tech & Digital talent of the future.
If our mission and this opportunity resonates with you, we want to hear from you!
What's the job?
Do you have experience in an IT, Software, Digital or Data specialism? Do you have teaching or training experience with a relevant teaching qualification? Are you available for short-term contract work?
As an Associate Technical Trainer, you will support the delivery of outstanding teaching & learning to cohorts of learners across our (L1-2) Digital and Data Skills Bootcamps and (L3-4) IT, Software, Digital and Data apprenticeship programmes.
Role Responsibilities (include but not limited to):
- To deliver professional and high quality training to cohorts of learners on our apprenticeship programmes, in line with the relevant standard and scheduling
- Invigilate vendor and awarding body exams, adhering to exam body policy and procedure
- Coach and mentor learners to achieve their full potential
- To manage all uploaded leaner work within the agreed timeframes and ensure learner file naming conventions and storage processes are followed.
- To maintain accurate documentation
- To undertake all aspects of the post in accordance with the companies Equal Opportunities policy
- To comply with GDPR in relation to collection, use, storage and disposal of personal or sensitive data
- To maintain and update own knowledge, skills and occupational competence as required by the awarding body
- To support the promotion and growth of apprenticeships throughout the programmes
- Achieve consistently “Good” or “Outstanding” observation grades
- Deliver to class sizes of up to 12 delegates
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Experience of teaching or training
- Knowledge of technical disciplines
- Computer literate with confidence operating across multiple systems
- Strong coaching and facilitation skills, with a proven ability to give constructive and developmental feedback to learners; to support preparation for exams or highlighting areas for improvement in their work.
- A proven track record of achieving excellent outcomes for learner (e.g. high pass rates).
Desirable Skills and Experience
- Experience of delivering teaching or training online
- Hold a relevant teaching qualification (L3 AET, PTTLS/DTTLS, PGCE, PCET)
- Knowledge of the apprenticeship standards in the above disciplines
- Knowledge and experience of working in the apprenticeship sector
- Understands and shares in our vision, mission and values
How To Apply
If this sounds like the perfect role for you, and you are ready to join our #ChangingFutures mission, complete and submit your application today using the buttons below.
As part of our commitment to creating an equal, diverse and inclusive workplace, we positively encourage applications from all; particularly those from underrepresented communities or minority groups.
This post qualifies for visa sponsorship and we welcome applications from those requiring such support.