Role: Apprentice Internal Auditor
Department: Support Services
Line Manager: Audit Manager
Location: Head Office, Baltic House, DL5 6EN
Salary: Up to £20,000 per annum (depending on experience)
Who We Are
As a leading provider of apprenticeships within the IT, Tech, and Digital sector we are here to make a difference to every learner and inspire them to succeed. It’s why we exist, it drives everything we do. We have ambitious growth plans that include the continued innovation of our product, customer experience and increasing our capacity to create even more life changing opportunities; shaping the Tech & Digital talent of the future. To support us in achieving these aims and delivering our mission, we have a new opportunity for an Internal Audit Apprentice to join our team.
If our mission and this opportunity resonates with you, we want to hear from you!
What’s the job?
To undertake a range of internal audit activities within the business, as guided by the Audit Manager, to ensure monthly and annual claims are as accurate and error-free as possible. As a learning organisation, we are committed to the continuous development and progression of our employees and seek to create an environment where learning is constant. Therefore, you will be enrolled onto a Level 4 Internal Audit Practitioner Apprenticeship to support with your development.
Apprenticeship course outline: https://mbkbgroup.com/course/internal-audit/
Role Responsibilities (include but not limited to):
- Undertake a risk-based schedule of audit activities on all funded provision with reference to the latest audit guidance and working papers for each funding stream
- Conduct audits following ESFA audit processes and reporting, including estimated error rates and highlighting issues and trends
- Provide information to the Audit Manager to enable feedback to be provided to relevant departments in a constructive manner following each audit, creating action plans based on audit findings which are followed through to completion
- Support the delivery of training to relevant departments on updates to the funding rules and based on issues highlighted during audits
- As advised by the Audit Manager, develop paperwork, policies and processes that will support our customers and ensure compliance with funding rules
- Review monthly PDSAT reports with Audit Manager, understanding content and making recommendations to assist issue resolution
- Review ESFA (and other funding body) monitoring and data quality reports with Audit Manager to make recommendations and put actions in place to resolve issues as necessary
- Assist in ensuring the business is prepared for any external audit via ESFA and other funding bodies
- Support all external audit visits including any follow-up activity
- Keep up to date with developments in the sector, including changes in the funding rules, and data and audit requirements
- Help maintain documentary evidence of audit activity to ensure contractual obligations are met
- Assist in ensuring all sensitive data is held securely following Baltic policies and procedures
- Undertake a relevant professional Internal Audit qualification
- Ad-hoc duties as reasonably requested by line manager
Essential & Desirable Skills and Experience:
- GCSEs (or equivalent) in Maths & English (grades C / 4 or above)
- Excellent organisation skills with a methodical approach to work
- Analytical with a key eye for detail
- Confident and clear communicator
- Well organised with a close attention to detail
- Able to prepare and present reports
- Willingness to enrol onto a Level 3 Audit
- Understands and shares in our vision, mission and core purpose
- Open, honest and transparent communicator
Desirable Skills and Experience
- Internal audit experience
- Previous experience of working within the training sector
- Good understanding of ESFA funding methodology and audit requirements
- Good understanding of our Company values and people behaviours
How To Apply
If this sounds like the perfect role for you, and you are ready to join our #ChangingFutures mission, complete and submit your application today using the buttons below.
As part of our commitment to creating an equal, diverse and inclusive workplace, we positively encourage applications from all; particularly those from underrepresented communities or minority groups.
This post qualifies for visa sponsorship and we welcome applications from those requiring such support.