Job Title: Adult Education Trainer
Department: Talent Creation
Line Manager: Centre Coordinator
Location: North East
DBS Check Required: Yes
Contract: Associate, Contract or Permanent
- Associate day rate: £150
- Contract/Permanent: up to £25,000 per annum (DOE)
Who We Are
As a leading provider of apprenticeships within the IT, Tech and Digital sector we are here to make a difference to every learner and inspire them to succeed. It’s why we exist, it drives everything we do.
We also have a long-standing reputation with the delivery of adult education programmes in the North East, including our Lean Manufacturing and Logistics provision. The mission and aim is to assist unemployed adults in developing and acquiring key skills, supporting them in becoming employment ready. It’s this area of the business we are recruiting for an Adult Education Trainer to support our team in the delivery of our AEB activity.
If our mission and this opportunity resonates with you, we want to hear from you.
What's the job?
As an Adult Education Trainer, you will work alongside our established team in the delivery of training to cohorts of unemployed leaners through our adult education training provision; supporting business delivery and growth. This will include delivery of Lean Manufacturing and Logistics as well as supporting delivery of our Talent Creation proposition, including general workplace skills programmes via our on-line delivery platform.
Role Responsibilties (include but not limited to):
- To complete all relevant funding documents relevant to the qualifications
- To provide accurate learner details in order to check eligibility and to comply with the requirements for learner registrations
- To report all starter and completion figures accurately and timely
- To provide job outcome and destination information as required
- To deliver vocational related training in group settings
- To meet strategic business requirements on time and to the required standards
- To complete relevant administration duties
- To meet both internal and external quality standards
- To ensure classrooms and training venues meet the health and safety requirements and complete all relevant documentation
- To provide professional and high quality training via our SMART Classrooms
- To adhere to Health and Safety Regulations in relation to the work sector
- To maintain CPD within the sector
- To provide relevant Information Advice and Guidance to learners and clients
- To adhere to the company policies and procedures relevant to safeguarding young people and vulnerable adults.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- A passion for training, coaching and possess good IT skills.
- Working towards or hold a relevant teaching qualification.
- Familiar with concepts of Lean Manufacturing
- Comfortable delivering training both online and face to face (experience using Adobe Connect is beneficial)
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent organisational and time management skills and able to work to deadlines
- Personable individual who is able to adapt and be flexible when necessary
- A good working knowledge of funding paperwork
- Ability to use own initiative
- Current clean driving license
Desirable Skills and Experience
- Health and Safety qualification
- Relevant occupation related experience
- Understands and shares in our vision, mission and core purpose
- Good understanding of our company values and people behaviours
How To Apply
If this sounds like the perfect role for you, and you are ready to join our #ChangingFutures mission, complete and submit your application today using the buttons below.
As part of our commitment to creating an equal, diverse and inclusive workplace, we positively encourage applications from all; particularly those from underrepresented communities or minority groups.
This post qualifies for visa sponsorship and we welcome applications from those requiring such support.